Sign in to follow this  
TomJH

"A Battle For The Soul Of This Nation" - You Tell 'Em, Joe!

131 posts in this topic

Well, we learned in 2008/2009 that no one at Harvard ever saw Obama there so his

records are not an issue.

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2019 at 5:34 AM, Princess of Tap said:

The word soul is a secular word. It can be used in relationship to a religion but not necessarily.

I think Biden is referring to the morality or the character of the nation in question.

He obviously is referring to Americans. And since there is no National religion and we have a complete separation of church and state,

I don't see how anyone's religion or non-religion is germane in this discussion.

Although I agree with you PRINCESS, I sadly know too many who think otherwise.  That not ONLY is this a CHRISTIAN nation, but also a WHITE nation as well.  And that THEIR religious tenets should take precedence over ANY "so-called" law that goes against their personal beliefs.  

One guy here(we all know who) constantly gripes about the "loss" of "Judeo-Christian morality" as if he thinks THAT is the ONLY "morality" that does, or should exist.  But, did you ever notice how a sore thumb gets your attention faster and easier than one that doesn't hurt or cause you difficulty?  ;)

Sepiatone

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Although I agree with you PRINCESS, I sadly know too many who think otherwise.  That not ONLY is this a CHRISTIAN nation, but also a WHITE nation as well.  And that THEIR religious tenets should take precedence over ANY "so-called" law that goes against their personal beliefs.  

One guy here(we all know who) constantly gripes about the "loss" of "Judeo-Christian morality" as if he thinks THAT is the ONLY "morality" that does, or should exist.  But, did you ever notice how a sore thumb gets your attention faster and easier than one that doesn't hurt or cause you difficulty?  ;)

Sepiatone

It should be obvious why Joe used the term 'soul';   The most loyal part of Trump's base is the evangelical voter.  This was a coded message to those folks who have sold their so called 'soul' to the devil (yea Trump),  for political gain.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Vautrin said:

As hamradio has pointed out, this is a fake photo, so I won't use it anymore.

But it was fun while it lasted though. :)

But I like fake.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hibi said:

But I like fake.

I don't mind a little harmless fakery once in a while, especially if it is so exaggerated that

folks know it is a fake photo, etc. Now that I know the Donny diarrhea picture is fake, I'll

just have to be satisfied with photos of his big, but unsoiled, keister.

15 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I don't mind a little harmless fakery once in a while, especially if it is so exaggerated that

folks know it is a fake photo, etc. Now that I know the Donny diarrhea picture is fake, I'll

just have to be satisfied with photos of his big, but unsoiled, keister.

LOL!

5 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

It should be obvious why Joe used the term 'soul';   The most loyal part of Trump's base is the evangelical voter.  This was a coded message to those folks who have sold their so called 'soul' to the devil (yea Trump),  for political gain.

Comey has harsh words for Barr and Rosenstein: Trump has 'eaten your soul'

“Accomplished people lacking inner strength can’t resist the compromises necessary to survive Mr. Trump and that adds up to something they will never recover from,” Comey wrote.

“It takes character like Mr. Mattis’s to avoid the damage, because Mr. Trump eats your soul in small bites.” ..........

Comey also implied Barr’s use of words like “no collusion” and “spying” during congressional hearings was an attempt to protect the president. .......

“Speaking rapid-fire with no spot for others to jump into the conversation, Mr. Trump makes everyone a co-conspirator to his preferred set of facts, or delusions,” he wrote. “I have felt it — this president building with his words a web of alternative reality and busily wrapping it around all of us in the room.”

This phenomenon escalates to the point that Trump attacks “institutions and values you hold close,” Comey wrote. Still, those serving the president do not speak out....

“Of course,” Comey writes, “to stay, you must be seen as on his team, so you make further compromises. You use his language, praise his leadership, tout his commitment to values.”

“And then you are lost,” he adds. “He has eaten your soul.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/01/james-comey-william-barr-rod-rosenstein-1296662

4 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Comey has harsh words for Barr and Rosenstein: Trump has 'eaten your soul'

There's no small irony, considering the rancour between them now, in Comey having played a huge role in helping Trump get elected.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

The New York TimesVerified account @nytimes

Joe Biden says the Trump presidency is an aberration, and that he doesn't represent the Republican Party.

Some Democrats think that is naive.

-------------------------------------

:rolleyes:

John DeanVerified account @JohnWDean 17h17 hours ago

In the Quinnipiac University Republicans say 49 - 36% that the news media is the enemy of the people.

That is DISGUSTING!

It is Trump’s GOP and like all he does he has bankrupt the party.

If he is re-elected in 2020 democracy as we know will end.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

Joe Biden on Saturday referred to Trump as a “clown” after a supporter asked the former vice president whether he would return Trump’s insults

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/04/joe-biden-trump-clown-2020-1301641

Joe Biden

Biden's grandchildren urged him to run and said they expected personal attacks against their family.

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

NewsweekVerified account @Newsweek 39m39 minutes ago

Joe Biden labeled Donald Trump a "clown" and "S.O.B.," while criticizing president's habit of name-calling https://trib.al/PLda0Yu 

Poor strategy for Joe as it relates to defeating Trump but a likely good one since it appears one has to be an over-the-top Trump-hater to win the Dem primary.

(calling Trump a clown and S.O.B.  implies those that voted for him in 2016 are the same,  and the Dem candidate will need some of those voters to flip in 2020).

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 7:01 AM, Sepiatone said:

Sepiatone

most of the 240-year history of the united states is a predominately Judeo-Christian one and that is a fact.

the founding fathers were not unbridled secularists and only a truly bigoted person would associate any religion with any specific race...

Malcolm X was most surprised to see light-skinned muslims worshipping at the mosques in mecca.

15 hours ago, jakeem said:

On 5/5/2019 at 9:40 AM, jakeem said:

On 5/5/2019 at 5:01 PM, mr6666 said:

NewsweekVerified account @Newsweek 39m39 minutes ago

Joe Biden labeled Donald Trump a "clown" and "S.O.B.," while criticizing president's habit of name-calling https://trib.al/PLda0Yu 

D51UTrDXoAAN5c-.jpg

6 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

he does look old and his head and neck have an emaciated look...

eat something, joe.

Yes, Joe needs to eat more Kentucky Fried Chicken,

so he can look bloated, fat and constipated like ole man trump.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

he ain't the only one.

:lol:

12 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Trouble with that is, it would only qualify Joe to become part of Trump's cabinet and "inner sanctum"  :D 

Which appears( as the old gag goes) to have MORE CHINS than a Chinese phone book!  :D 

Sepiatone

Shaun KingVerified account @shaunking 3h3 hours ago

Friends, You don't have to support Bernie, you have PLENTY of options, but I'm telling you

- we can ABSOLUTELY do better than Joe Biden.

You know it. I know it.

It's going to be a constant apology and gaffe fest. It's uncomfortable and it has hardly started.

Presidential hopeful Biden looking for ‘middle ground’ climate policy

Democratic presidential hopeful Joe Biden is crafting a climate change policy he hopes will appeal to both environmentalists and the blue-collar voters who elected Donald Trump, according to two sources,

carving out a middle ground approach that will likely face heavy resistance from green activists.....

the policy will likely include the United States re-joining the Paris Climate Agreement and preserving U.S. regulations on emissions and vehicle fuel efficiency that Trump has sought to undo, according to one of the sources, Heather Zichal, who is part of a team advising Biden on climate change. She previously advised President Barack Obama.

The second source, a former energy department official advising Biden’s campaign who asked not to be named, said the policy could also

be supportive of nuclear energy and fossil fuel options like natural gas and carbon capture technology, which limit emissions from coal plants and other industrial facilities....

The approach, which has not been previously reported, will set Biden apart from many of his Democratic rivals for the White House who have embraced much tougher climate agendas, like the Green New Deal calling for an end to U.S. fossil fuels use within 10 years. That could make Biden, vice president under Obama, a target of environmental groups and youth activists ahead of next year’s primary elections. .....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden-climate-exclusive/exclusive-presidential-hopeful-biden-looking-for-middle-ground-climate-policy-idUSKCN1SG18G

• Thanks 1

Republican Conspiracy Theory About a Biden-in-Ukraine Scandal Has Gone Mainstream.

But It Is Not True.

"....The accusation is that Biden blackmailed Ukraine’s new leaders into firing the country’s chief prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, to derail an investigation he was leading into a Ukrainian gas company that the vice president’s son, Hunter, was paid to advise.

The truth, Kaleniuk said, is that Shokin was forced from office at Biden’s urging because he had failed to conduct thorough investigations of corruption, and had stifled efforts to investigate embezzlement and misconduct by public officials following the 2014 uprising.

Properly debunking this particular conspiracy theory is easier said than done, though, since it is set in Ukraine,

...... By getting Shokin removed, Biden in fact made it more rather than less likely that the oligarch who employed his son would be subject to prosecution for corruption. ......

https://theintercept.com/2019/05/10/rumors-joe-biden-scandal-ukraine-absolute-nonsense-reformer-says/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

Former Vice President Joe Biden predicted that Republicans will have "an epiphany occur" and start working with Democrats once President Trump is out of office

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/14/politics/joe-biden-republicans-trump-epiphany/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_content=2019-05-14T23%3A10%3A04&utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link

NBb3yRsn?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2019 at 5:25 PM, Princess of Tap said:

only one l in stolen.

:P