Sign in to follow this  
TomJH

"A Battle For The Soul Of This Nation" - You Tell 'Em, Joe!

131 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

only one l in stolen.

:P

The guy was making fun of Trump:

0505-donald-trump-tweet-2.jpg

• Thanks 1

If only he could do something on his own. The slogan is stolen from MLK in 1968.  And the issues are the same as RFK's 1968 run. Five democratic presidents since 1962 - what's that - 32 years democrat out of 57 years, and it's the same slogan and same issues?

Someone can check my math or whatever, but it won't change the truth.  I'm not any party since I'm apolitical.  It's all a big con game.  One big, creepy carnival side show.

There's only one sentence that has any truth to it in politics: "It's all about the money."  Anybody who thinks differently is a fool.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

Joe Biden launches White House campaign in Philadelphia with attack on ‘divider-in-chief’ Trump

Biden blasted Trump for ruining American democracy, sowing hatred & taking credit for the strong economy — which Trump "inherited ... [like] everything else."

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-joe-biden-trump-president-campaign-launch-philadelphia-20190518-f5q7zhj52jdgvaviyvrqmdtuni-story.html

aQtYNKiX?format=jpg&name=600x314

Tell it like it is!

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Tell it like it is!

right! Obama's economic brilliance is neverending.

:lol:

25 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

right! Obama's economic brilliance is neverending.

Well you know how those Harvard men are-- FDR, JFK and America's favorite man Barack Obama!

Too bad Cory Booker only went to Yale, Stanford and Oxford.

for a guy with that kinda scholastic background his oratory should be a lot better than it is.

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

Seung Min Kim Retweeted Sam Stein

Interesting to see Biden refraining from responding until Trump had returned to domestic soil (that whole politics stops at the water's edge thing)

21 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

<_<

Shaun KingVerified account @shaunking 8h8 hours ago

Wow. @JoeBiden's team announces he WILL NOT be attending the:

@MoveOn Big Ideas Forum (8 Top Candidates Going)

The California Democratic Party Convention (14 Candidates Going)

The Iowa Democratic Party Dinner (17 Candidates Going)

He really thinks he has this in the bag.

:huh:

The Democratic presidential field is a zoo.

When you're a real front-runner, there's no point in getting involved with a group of people who look like New York City commuters coming out of the subway at 6.

When the field is narrowed down to someone or several candidates who actually have credibility or viability, then it would be time for the front runner to take notice of them.

The presidential candidate can pick the vice president or throw it open to the convention.

Most of these people running right now,

whether they will admit it or not,

are running for the vice president slot.

Joe Biden is the front-runner by every measure — except big crowds

"........Attendance at the former vice president’s launch rally paled next to some of his rivals. In his first Iowa visit, he didn’t match the crowds that greeted Elizabeth Warren or even the less well-known Pete Buttigieg in their initial visits. So far, he’s kept his events to smaller venues where there’s little danger of empty seats.

In the eyes of Biden’s progressive critics — as well as President Donald Trump, who has publicly mocked him for it — the seeming lack of excitement or teeming masses at his events is a leading indicator of a lack of passion for his candidacy.

“I started to think the polls were wrong about Biden because it’s not what we’re seeing on the ground,”........

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/28/biden-energy-crisis-1345359

:unsure:

3 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Biden leads Trump by over 10 points in key battleground state

This is likely to hurt Biden in the Dem primary.   Too many progressive Dems are only interested in the views in their super-purple states.    A true progressive shouldn't do well in battleground states.

On 6/4/2019 at 3:55 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

This is likely to hurt Biden in the Dem primary.   Too many progressive Dems are only interested in the views in their super-purple states.    A true progressive shouldn't do well in battleground states.

I heard a CNN or MSNBC discussion with George Will this morning.  He read off a list of the ultra-leftist agenda of many of the Dem candidates.  He is a conservative, but opposed to Trump, and he believes that the ultra-left agenda will cause people to vote for Trump in 2020 just as they chose not to vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016.

I agree with him.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheCid said:

I heard a CNN or MSNBC discussion with George Will this morning.  He read off a list of the ultra-leftist agenda of many of the Dem candidates.  He is a conservative, but opposed to Trump, and he believes that the ultra-left agenda will cause people to vote for Trump in 2020 just as they chose not to vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016.

I agree with him.

I assume Will didn't imply (like it appears here),  that people chose not to vote for Clinton because she was 'ultra-left'.   

Anyhow,  there are NON "ultra-left" nominees that the Dems could select,  but it is unclear if they can win the nomination.   My guts says NO since progressive appear to be driving the bus.  

12 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I assume Will didn't imply (like it appears here),  that people chose not to vote for Clinton because she was 'ultra-left'.   

Anyhow,  there are NON "ultra-left" nominees that the Dems could select,  but it is unclear if they can win the nomination.   My guts says NO since progressive appear to be driving the bus.  

I would have to view it more carefully, but he read the list as being too far left and then stated that voters would reject the Dem candidate as they did Clinton in 2016.  I think he was saying that she was unacceptable to too many voters, but did not specify the actual reasons.  

I think he was leaning toward a Joe Biden type nominee as being more acceptable, but I did not hear him actually say that.  May have in the earlier part of discussion.  My interpretation was that he was mainly discussing a candidate with the current Progressive Dems. far left agenda would lose.  I agree with that.

I know many who think Clinton is too far left.  Of course up until a year ago they thought the same thing about Lindsay Graham.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Trump's internal campaign polling recently found him trailing Biden in key battlegrounds such as PA, MI, & TX (!). But instead of engaging with reality, Trump's tweeting out polls from Rasmussen, which was the least accurate midterm pollster.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Trump is reportedly in denial about his campaign’s bleak internal polling

https://www.vox.com/2019/6/11/18661072/trump-campaign-internal-polling-denial

JtIJSsaI?format=jpg&name=600x314

5 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

At this point in time, polling is really not worth much.  The Dems haven't even narrowed the field down to a real "leading" candidate yet.  Yes, I know Biden leads the polls, but that may fluctuate enormously in the future.

Remember polling said Hillary was a shoe in for president and Jeb Bush (remember him) was a sure thing for the GOP nomination.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

So?

31 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Biden vows to "cure cancer" as president

Well this is just as likely as 99% of the stuff the other Dems running are promising.

This week The Economist had a good article related to this:   That without gaining 4 Seats in the Senate the Dems will not be able to implement anything that these Dem candidates have been promising (and that would mean Senate Dems would have to go nuclear  as it relates to the filibuster).  

• Like 1

Is Biden going to cure it himself? Will he also implement world peace and give everybody a free car?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

Is Biden going to cure it himself? 

Maybe he's using the same guys that Trump is using to eradicate AIDS.

Didn't some other president promise to cure cancer.  Not sure what Biden actually promised, but I hope he really didn't say he or US government was going to "cure cancer."  It is probably one of the most difficult diseases to eradicate for many reasons.

Biden vows to "cure cancer" as president http://hill.cm/Mps5Ysn