Sign in to follow this  
chillyfillyinak

What, no TCM online film course this summer?

8 posts in this topic

Gosh, I have been waiting for the announcement of the online film course for summer 2019. Where is it? (Don't disappoint me!).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, chillyfillyinak said:

Gosh, I have been waiting for the announcement of the online film course for summer 2019. Where is it? (Don't disappoint me!).

I believe the course won't occur until July, so it's a bit early for them to announce it. 

The History of Science Fiction begins on the 2nd of July and will run over five different Tuesdays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 5:00 AM, TopBilled said:

I believe the course won't occur until July, so it's a bit early for them to announce it. 

The History of Science Fiction begins on the 2nd of July and will run over five different Tuesdays.

Thanks, I think. Science fiction? And I thought nothing could be worse than the slapstick course...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chillyfillyinak said:

Thanks, I think. Science fiction? And I thought nothing could be worse than the slapstick course...

I think they're trying to cover all the main Hollywood genres. They haven't done horror yet, so that's probably next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spauldingd said:

Good news! I did the Musicals course last year but my heart just wasn’t in it.

We all have genres we enjoy, and genres we enjoy less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Science fiction - the one genre I really don't watch.  I'm not knocking it, but it's just not my thing.  So I'll skip this year.  Too bad.  I'd like to see courses that don't necessarily focus on genre.  Like the Hitchcock course was great.  How about another director?  Or music in films?  Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, LRH6 said:

Science fiction - the one genre I really don't watch.  I'm not knocking it, but it's just not my thing.  So I'll skip this year.  Too bad.  I'd like to see courses that don't necessarily focus on genre.  Like the Hitchcock course was great.  How about another director?  Or music in films?  Thanks for the info.

Maybe if you tune in, you'll develop an appreciation for science fiction films. Just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us