Cinemartian

Anyone Here a Major Fan of Marie Windsor or know of one?

10 posts in this topic

Hey, haven't posted in a while but I'm looking for anyone who  regards themselves highly as self proclaimed Marie Windsor fans. I have something that may very well be of interest to them which I will eventually disclose. Don't want to keep y'all in suspense but I'm looking for some kind of response. Who doesn't like the Narrow Margin right?

Anyway let me know.

• Like 1

I'm definitely a fan. She's great in noir and westerns. I love her performance in HELLS HALF ACRE. And she has a fun cameo at the end of THE BEAUTIFUL BLONDE OF BASHFUL BEND, which is one of the few times I've seen her photographed in glorious Technicolor.

screen-shot-2019-05-07-at-9.43.01-pm.jpg

• Thanks 1

Narrow%2BMargin%2B19.jpg

Narrow%2BMargin%2B102.jpg

Big fan.

I'll give you a bonus if you can name the jazz tune she's listening to?

• Like 1

Billed, I haven't seen that; looks amazing. Sorry Joe I can't at the moment. Don't spoil it for me I'm gonna go watch the scene. Anyway the reason I was asking was because aside from a talented actress who goes under the radar she was also a talented artist working in enamels and ceramics. A freind of mine came into possession of one of the elusive bowls and it so happened to be a gift to none other than the "lovely Bridges" marked on the verso and signed in her lovely signature. So if anyone is a Lloyd Bridges fan or just a fan of rare memorabilia; remember she actually manufactured this not like other gifts that celebrities buy and engrave for one and other. I have only found one other one like this if you google "Marie Windsor Enamel Bowl" that one is red, my friends' is blue and truly a work of art. It would be perfect for holding things like paperwork, mail etc or just as a center piece.

I wasn't sure of etiquette of posting something for sale on here but if anyone would like photographs and or know of someone that would be interested in something like this; I'd be glad to assist. Regardless, if you want to just see the thing I'll get some photos. On this note, I found an interesting piece of history on etsy right now a solid gold pipe tobacco tamp tool gifted from Eleanor Powell to musical director George Stoll(composed tornado scene Wizard of Oz)

Don't know if CigarJoe smokes pipes as well.  ;) Anyway let me know

• Like 1

Yes that's the other one someone had on ebay years ago. Ours like actually very much like that one but in better shape, and blue.

Just as an FYI he indicated that he'd be willing to part with it for slightly over $400; which IMHO(can't believe I finally used it ;) ) I'd call a bargain. I would buy it from him but I'm already quite overstretched if you know what I mean.  

We seem to have gotten off the subject a little, but I'm also a fan of Marie Windsor.  She gave us so many great moments on the screen.  TopBilled mentioned "Hell's Half Acre' and that's one that I've always remembered.  It has a great cast, and she really shines in this one.  She also made quite an impact in "The Killing".

• Like 3

I recently watched "The Killing" again, and I had forgotten just how great she was in it.  A truly under-rated actress.

• Like 2