O.S.S(1946)

Miss Susie Slagle's(1946)

Wild Harvest(1947)

Saigon(1948)

Miss Tatlcok's Millions(1948)

The Sainted Sister(1948)

Hazard(1948)

Isn't it Romantic?(1948)

There are hundreds more. Thousands if we go up to 2019.

RAINBOW ISLAND (1944) was scheduled once, as part of Robert Osborne's picks, but then was pulled. It was never rescheduled.

I know there are so so m any more, but I am talking the ones that Universal has the right to, the pre 1948 films.

Unless I overlooked it being listed, how could anyone who takes the word classic seriously not mention a great little film like A MEDAL FOR BENNY. And what about THE BISCUIT EATER and AMONG THE LIVING. Both second features but oh so memorable. The first a great dog story and the second giving a young Susan Hayward a chance to shine.

• Like 1

I must admit I got my hopes up when one of my cable channels was renamed to be "The Paramount Network".  But do they show any classic movies? - not a one, that I can tell.  From my perspective, I'm not sure what the point was as I haven't spent a second watching anything they have to offer.  Does 'Paramount' mean something to people who don't know classic films?

Josef von Sternberg's 1927 silent classic UNDERWORLD.

William Wellman's 1928 silent classic BEGGARS OF LIFE.

Both have had DVD releases. Thank God.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dommy said:

The Big Broadcast (1932)

The Glass Key(1935)

The Jungle Princess(1936)

Duffy's Tavern(1945)

I thought TCM had broadcast THE GLASS KEY. Different version maybe? 

Our classic film group has screened all of the above titles. I was particularly smitten with THE JUNGLE PRINCESS.

• Like 1

How about Paramount Noirs, I sure TCM has shown the asterisked ones the others not sure:

Street Of Chance (1942)

The Unseen (1945)

Fear In The Night (1947)

The Big Clock (1948)*

Sorry, Wrong Number (1948)

The Night Has A Thousand Eyes (1948)

The Accused (1949)

Manhandled (1949)*

So Evil My Love (1949)

Rope Of Sand (1949)*

Chicago Deadline (1949)

The Lawless (1949)

The File On Thelma Jordan (1949)

No Man Of Her Own (1950)

Sunset Boulevard (1950)*

Union Station (1950)*

Dark City (1950)

Appointment With Danger (1951)*

Ace In The Hole (1951)*

A Place In The Sun (1951)*

Detective Story (1951)*

The Turning Point (1952)*

The Desperate Hours (1955)*

Short Cut To Hell (1957)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Yes, TCM has aired the 1942 Alan Ladd, Veronica Lake version of THE GLASS KEY a couple of times.

I hold out hope one day the George Raft version from 1935 will eventually see the light of day.

14 hours ago, CinemaInternational said:

Here, from movieCollectorOH's log are  Paramount films that never aired. i have a feeling many of the silents are lost.

http://www.moviecollectoroh.com/reports/unscheduled_Paramount.htm

Huh... The Docks of New York is on that list and it's not scheduled. I could swear it was scheduled in an upcoming month. Must have been replaced.

5 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Street Of Chance (1942)

The Unseen (1945)

Fear In The Night (1947)*

The Big Clock (1948)*

Sorry, Wrong Number (1948)*

The Night Has A Thousand Eyes (1948)

The Accused (1949)*

Manhandled (1949)*

So Evil My Love (1949)

Rope Of Sand (1949)*

Chicago Deadline (1949)

The Lawless (1949)

The File On Thelma Jordan (1949)*

No Man Of Her Own (1950)

Sunset Boulevard (1950)*

Union Station (1950)*

Dark City (1950)*

Appointment With Danger (1951)*

Ace In The Hole (1951)*

A Place In The Sun (1951)*

Detective Story (1951)*

The Turning Point (1952)*

The Desperate Hours (1955)*

Short Cut To Hell (1957)

Checking against movieCollectorsOH's list the red asterisks have also been shown

30 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Checking against movieCollectorsOH's list the red asterisks have also been shown

Given how many times Stanwyck's been Star of the Month, it's surprising they haven't gotten around to showing NO MAN OF HER OWN.

• Like 2

I am pretty sure I saw "The Wild Party" on TCM between 2000 and 2005.  TCM Programmer had this title on at 8:00 P.M. Eastern and Robert Osborne introduce it as part of a month-long spotlight of Women Directors or Women in Cinema.  This title was shown to spotlight the director, Dorothy Arazan, who invented the boom mike.  She had a technician tie a microphone to a fishing pole and hold it over their heads out of the camera's range to receive better audio of the actors.  

2 minutes ago, thomasterryjr said:

I am pretty sure I saw "The Wild Party" on TCM between 2000 and 2005.  TCM Programmer had this title on at 8:00 P.M. Eastern and Robert Osborne introduce it as part of a month-long spotlight of Women Directors or Women in Cinema.  This title was shown to spotlight the director, Dorothy Arazan, who invented the boom mike.  She had a technician tie a microphone to a fishing pole to and hold it over their heads out of the camera's range to receive better audio of the actors.  

Yes.  It shows up in my list on the month of 2000-08 and 2001-05.

6 hours ago, yanceycravat said:

Yes, TCM has aired the 1942 Alan Ladd, Veronica Lake version of THE GLASS KEY a couple of times.

I hold out hope one day the George Raft version from 1935 will eventually see the light of day.

That would be nice.  All kinds of obfuscated versions on YT, but not on TCM yet, as far as I can tell.

The 1942 version of THE GLASS KEY is airing on the 13th of August...

...as part of TCM's tribute for Brian Donlevy.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Our classic film group has screened all of the above titles. I was particularly smitten with THE JUNGLE PRINCESS.

They show the 1942 version of The Glass Key.

I wouldn't hold my breath for any of the above Paramount titles to be shown on TCM anytime soon, if ever. Universal seems determined to keep most of the pre-1948 Paramount library hidden tightly in it's vault. Lady in the Dark w/Ginger Rogers was scheduled at some point a few years back, got pulled and never got a re-schedule. Don't believe it is available on disc either. It's terribly frustrating.

I had a chance to see LADY IN THE DARK at the Egyptian theatre during one of the TCM Festivals.

Having never seen it I was really looking forward to the screening. Perhaps it delighted others but my reaction was simply this, eh!

Still in all always glad to see a rare film that otherwise may never see the light of day again.

• Thanks 1

Many of the Paramount films from the 30s show up on YouTube...they're not the greatest prints but all we have I suppose. I watched one earlier today called MISS FANE'S BABY IS STOLEN (1934).

• Thanks 1

So Evil My Love has been shown at least twice, once when Ray Milland was SOTM.

39 minutes ago, kingrat said:

So Evil My Love has been shown at least twice, once when Ray Milland was SOTM.

Yes, I have the months of 2011-04 and 2018-04 in my list.

It is not uncommon for the production year to vary by +/- one year between different sources.  I see cigarjoe's post says 1949 and my list (IMDB) says 1948, the potential discrepancy to prevent a match.  There are so many things that could happen between sources, that I usually just scroll through my lists myself.  The human eye is much more forgiving.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cinemanut said:

I wouldn't hold my breath for any of the above Paramount titles to be shown on TCM anytime soon, if ever. Universal seems determined to keep most of the pre-1948 Paramount library hidden tightly in it's vault. Lady in the Dark w/Ginger Rogers was scheduled at some point a few years back, got pulled and never got a re-schedule. Don't believe it is available on disc either. It's terribly frustrating.

This is the tragedy. Universal is not "determined" in relation to anything regarding their pre-1948 (1949?) Paramount library. None of this is by design, it is that they simply could not care less. By the way, Universal has a bunch of great older movies that the studio made itself in the 30s and 40s you will never see either unless it involves the Universal Horror catalogue or Abbott and Costello. For the same reason.

• Like 2