yanceycravat

Legendary actress and singer Doris Day dead at 97

334 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Speaking of which movies to show....

MOVIES! channel, a day or so before TCM showed GLASS BOTTOM BOAT instead chose to show WITH SIX YOU GET EGGROLL.

Sure, not her best, but her final feature movie role , which is why it was chosen.  A similar riff as a movie released only a couple or so weeks later, the "family blending" story, YOURS, MINE and OURS, but not as good(IMHO) but too, noted for being the screen debut of GEORGE CARLIN, who once said he hated the experience so much that it took eight years for him to appear in another motion picture(CAR WASH '76) 

Although a kinda cute flick to kill a couple of hours with, it seems MOVIES! coulda said "good-bye" with a little more class. 

Sepiatone

LOL. (Carlin). Eggroll starts out well, but doesnt end well. I still enjoy watching it from time to time until the hippies part at the end.

You probably have heard this story, but I just saw it, reading all of the articles about Doris.

While filming "The Man Who Knew Too Much" she became concerned that she was getting very little direction from Hitchcock and went to Jimmy Stewart for advice.  Eventually, she went directly to Hitchcock about it and he said something like "you don't need it, you're doing everything perfectly".

Nice story, and indicative of the fine actress Doris was.

6 minutes ago, RoyCronin said:

You probably have heard this story, but I just saw it, reading all of the articles about Doris.

While filming "The Man Who Knew Too Much" she became concerned that she was getting very little direction from Hitchcock and went to Jimmy Stewart for advice.  Eventually, she went directly to Hitchcock about it and he said something like "you don't need it, you're doing everything perfectly".

Nice story, and indicative of the fine actress Doris was.

Yes, she felt something was wrong because he never gave her any direction. He said something like you don't need any as you stated. Apparently he only directed actors if he wasn't happy with what they were doing.

1 hour ago, noah80 said:

royal.jpg

royal baby taking the spotlight over Doris' career

ALL ABOUT ARCHIE!

UGH. I couldn't care less! 2nd week in a row!

12 minutes ago, noah80 said:

Hopefully, Pillow Talk to mark its 60th anniversary this year.

Is it? That could be then. But I've seen it so many times. Would be interesting to see it with an audience.