spence

Poll/contest of sorts: Bing, Sinatra or Elvis???

13 posts in this topic

(*-always will denotes an Academy (AMPAS) award winner)  I tried to conduct this should be great survey of fellow TCM-ITES a couple of yrs ago, but my introduction

as too long on say THE CHARMAN OF THE BIOARD & only could barelyElvis & 4-got Bing Crosby altogether in that  so a 2 way contest instead of 3

So this time i'll just pretty much just throwit out there &you folks if you like first do some research on these icons as the A #1 of all-time between these three giants of the industry

Now, the somewhat rules are broken down in of course MUSIC first, FILM &  Whatever you like to include  I'd usually & alwaysin these type of fun things submit a ton of credentials on it, to kickstart the proceedings, this time you gotta' try &do it

(NOTE: Having a trouble with my typing, mostly my keyboard right now, bear with me please)

Sinatra, hands down. Elvis should not be in this group. He is great in his own right but of a different feather.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, laffite said:

Lawrence, I would like to nominate you as Forum Guard. We need someone like you to prevent duplicate threads. ;  - )

Explanation: this is the second one in as many minutes. Now, that's fast !!!!

People said they couldn't find them. I found them. I thought I was being helpful. If people were genuinely interested in the topics at hand, then they may be interested in past comments on said topic, particularly when they are started by the same person.

If I've once again stepped on anyone's toes, I would normally say that I apologize, but honestly, today I don't give a ****.

• Like 1

thanx tithise that applied & I know what Laffite is going on about a year & 1/2 ago or even 2 years about  I started a similar thread=(hate that term, article or post will suffice) But I comoiled a topic only on

SINATRA VS ELVIS-(no Bing in site  (Lafitte)   Never was abe to finish it all(stats,etc) only got mostly through THE CHAIRMAN  So, your obviously off your rocker here But I thank you

te 

15 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

People said they couldn't find them. I found them. I thought I was being helpful. If people were genuinely interested in the topics at hand, then they may be interested in past comments on said topic, particularly when they are started by the same person.

If I've once again stepped on anyone's toes, I would normally say that I apologize, but honestly, today I don't give a ****.

You were being helpful. I was trying to issue you a compliment. I should have made that clear. Not to self-aggrandize but a while back I looked and looked and looked for the Home Town Photo thread and I finally found it. I'm not going to start another one, a Redux (if you will). I don't have the feeling that Sepia looked very hard to find the original Classical Music thread (which just happened be one I initiated, haha). There may be a measure of respect in making an honest effort to find the original. Or perhaps it doesn't matter that much. No one will believe me when I say this because most around here seem to think that any thread they initiate seem to be a vital extension of the inner soul, but I don't believe that at all for myself. A plethora of Classical Music threads might appear in a record time and I would remain unfazed. In fact, the more the better. After all, it's a great subject.

11 minutes ago, laffite said:

You were being helpful. I was trying to issue you a compliment. I should have made that clear. Not to self-aggrandize but a while back I looked and looked and looked for the Home Town Photo thread and I finally found it. I'm not going to start another one, a Redux (if you will). I don't have the feeling that Sepia looked very hard to find the original Classical Music thread (which just happened be one I initiated, haha). There may be a measure of respect in making an honest effort to find the original. Or perhaps it doesn't matter that much. No one will believe me when I say this because most around here seem to think that any thread they initiate seem to be a vital extension of the inner soul, but I don't believe that at all for myself. A plethora of Classical Music threads might appear in a record time and I would remain unfazed. In fact, the more the better. After all, it's a great subject.

It really sounds like you're taking his thread too personally. I do see your point though. If you just type "classical music" or even just "classical" into the search bar, your thread is one of the first ones to turn up. 

3 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

It really sounds like you're taking his thread too personally. I do see your point though. If you just type "classical music" or even just "classical" into the search bar, your thread is one of the first ones to turn up. 

The search advice should be directed to Sepiatone.

I took a pain to make clear that I don't take my own threads seriously. Can't you read?

My comment was in response to another, or I wouldn't have said anything at all.

1 minute ago, laffite said:

The search advice should be directed to Sepiatone.

I took a pain to make clear that I don't take my own threads seriously. Can't you read?

My comment was in response to another, or I wouldn't have said anything at all.

I don't take it seriously but let me write this tl;dr comment about how not offended I am by it. :lol: Okay....

1 minute ago, Gershwin fan said:

I don't take it seriously but let me write this tl;dr comment about how not offended I am by it. :lol: Okay..

We are on different wave lengths here, Gersh.