Cinemartian

Hollywood Memorabilia and Collecting

6 posts in this topic

I got thinking recently; Does anyone on this forum collect Memorabilia? Does anyone own anything extraordinary relating to cinema or entertainment; If I'm right, which I think I am, I know Robert Osbourne collected posters... Feel free to show photos

I think collecting as a hobby is fading in this disposable digital age...What are your thoughts on collecting objects?

I found a piece from the Bradbury Building laying on the sidewalk by the entrance. I was a small brass finial or other similar fixture. A cool Noir souvenir. 😎

• Like 3

Does anyone know a lot about serious collecting?  My brother recently acquired a couple of ULTRA-RARE autographed scripts from the 1950's and I told him I would investigate proper storage and preservation.  If anyone has any knowledge or could at least point me in a good general direction it would be greatly appreciated. 

On 5/18/2019 at 9:58 AM, Cinemartian said:

I got thinking recently; Does anyone on this forum collect Memorabilia? Does anyone own anything extraordinary relating to cinema or entertainment; If I'm right, which I think I am, I know Robert Osbourne collected posters... Feel free to show photos

I think collecting as a hobby is fading in this disposable digital age...What are your thoughts on collecting objects?

I collect movie memorabilia but only on a very limited scale;   E.g. I have a December 1948 Times magazine with Olivia DeHavilland on the cover for the film The Snake Pit;  My wife purchased this for my birthday knowing I'm a big fan of Olivia.      I have around 5 promo photos of Olivia and Bette Davis:  these are the actual photos that were provided by Warner Bros. to theaters for promotion.    They have the official 'used by permission only',  and that they are the property of WB.    I have one for The Strawberry Blonde so I assume it was made in the early 40s. 

Since I live in Southern California,  I can go to Larry Edmunds Bookshop located in Hollywood.   This is the best American movie memorabilia and book store in the world (as far as I know,  no other place has as much stuff).

This is where I purchased all of these items.    I also purchased many book on movies and movies states (E.g. The Films of,,, books for Olivia, Bette, Cary Grant,  Bogie,  etc...    as well as photos (but these are not memorabilia since they are just copies that could have been made yesterday).

• Thanks 1

Yeah things were so much easier when I lived in L.A. (from a collectibles standpoint.) :D