Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

the dick van dyke show

15 posts in this topic

why is it whenever I see an episode description the petrie's kid's name is always spelled 'Ritchie' with a T?

nobody spells Richie with a T.

and I just saw an image on google with the T in his name. alotta TV trivia people had poor grammatical education at the elementary grade levels.

:D

6 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dick_Van_Dyke_Show#Characters

• Richard Rosebud "Ritchie" Petrie (Larry Mathews) – Rob and Laura's son. His middle name is an acronym for "Robert Oscar Sam Edward Benjamin Ulysses David," all the names suggested by members of Rob and Laura's families in the episode "What's in a Middle Name?".

32 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

why is it whenever I see an episode description the petrie's kid's name is always spelled 'Ritchie' with a T?

nobody spells Richie with a T.

and I just saw an image on google with the T in his name. alotta TV trivia people had poor grammatical education at the elementary grade levels.

Mary Tyler Moore always said that her son in the TV show was named Ritchie because that was her nickname for her own child.

And she didn't think that she could remember a different name on live TV being taped.

Mary's son was named Richard Meeker Jr.

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dick_Van_Dyke_Show#Characters

• Richard Rosebud "Ritchie" Petrie (Larry Mathews) – Rob and Laura's son. His middle name is an acronym for "Robert Oscar Sam Edward Benjamin Ulysses David," all the names suggested by members of Rob and Laura's families in the episode "What's in a Middle Name?".

oh yeah, I forgot about that episode. thanks for reminding me. so that's the reason for the T.

Fortunately it's a fictional name for a boy...Rosebud.

Hey do you stick?

10-real-stories-of-bullying-that-will-sh

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

His middle name is an acronym for "Robert Oscar Sam Edward Benjamin Ulysses David," all the names suggested by members of Rob and Laura's families ...

Well, that's a relief.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Fortunately it's a fictional name for a boy...Rosebud.

Hey do you stick?

10-real-stories-of-bullying-that-will-sh

There's a racist aspect to this Photograph that I'm sure you had not noticed and certainly had not intended to promote.

And it really has nothing to do with Dick Van Dyke or Mary Tyler Moore either.

What's racist about 2 bullies picking on a boy name Rosebud? LMREO!  Apparently you never went to the school I attended.  Boys in my area during the 60's  with such a name...NO WAY! Parents weren't crazy.

You are absolutely racist OBSESSED!!! 

(sorry I could find a B&W photo taken during the 1960's )

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

What's racist about 2 bullies picking on a boy name Rosebud? LMREO!  Apparently you never went to the school I attended.  Boys in my area during the 60's  with such a name...NO WAY! Parents weren't crazy.

You are absolutely racist OBSESSED!!! 

(sorry I could find a B&W photo taken during the 1960's )

And without my glasses I can see we have two black boys here, getting ready to beat up one white boy.

I don't make the rules I'm just observing and Reporting on what I see.

And those boys are considered black in the United States because they're obviously mixed race just like Barack Obama.

Whether you like reality or not, there it is.

A lot of people spell "Richie" as "Ritchie." Since my name is Richard, I've often gotten cards/letters addressed to 
"Ritchie." I don't care for the T myself.

• Like 1

Re: Princess of Tap

And without my glasses I can see we have two black boys here, getting ready to beat up one white boy.

And those boys are considered black in the United States because they're obviously mixed race just like Barack Obama.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are the only one making EVERYTHING about race.  All I see are 3 boys....period!

(And what does Obama got to do with it? :wacko::blink:)

41 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Re: Princess of Tap

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are the only one making EVERYTHING about race.  All I see are 3 boys....period!

LMREO

The "T" in "Ritchie" is a personal choice, and one made by the writers of the show, of which one or more might have known a Ritchie with a "T", or even might have BEEN a Ritchie with a "T". 

I see the "Spell-check" function of my PC has an issue with it, but note:

'50's rock artist RITCHIE VALENS spelled it with a "T", but modern day rocker RICHIE SAMBORA doesn't. 

Sepiatone

16 hours ago, hamradio said:

The implication is you're racist against Obama or something. 

9 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

The "T" in "Ritchie" is a personal choice, and one made by the writers of the show, of which one or more might have known a Ritchie with a "T", or even might have BEEN a Ritchie with a "T". 

I see the "Spell-check" function of my PC has an issue with it, but note:

'50's rock artist RITCHIE VALENS spelled it with a "T", but modern day rocker RICHIE SAMBORA doesn't. 

Sepiatone

La Bamba!