Sign in to follow this  
MontyCliftLover

Glenn Ford - pointing?

8 posts in this topic

While watching Pocketful of Miracles I noticed Glenn Ford is always pointing.  I mean constantly.  Now when I see him in movies, that's all I can see.  I've honestly only seen him in three movies.  I have to go back and rewatch Gilda now to see if he points constantly in that movie as well.  Anyone else notice this?  It's like something I can't unsee.  Similar to when someone once told me that when they watch basketball all they can hear are the shoes squeaking.  Now I can't watch basketball.  You're welcome.  

Ha ha ha, well thanks for ruining him for everyone just prior to his being SOTM!

(For me, it's Cary Grant and that chin dimple ...)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

Ha ha ha, well thanks for ruining him for everyone just prior to his being SOTM!

(For me, it's Cary Grant and that chin dimple ...)

I figure if I'm bothered by it then I want everyone to be as well.  🤣🤣  Well, maybe he tones down the pointing in other performances.  

Reminding me of facial features, I one time became distracted with Gregory Peck's one eyebrow.  It seems to be different than the other one.  Now I see that in every movie.  Ha ha.  Cary Grant's chin dimple is very noticeable for sure! 

2 hours ago, MontyCliftLover said:

While watching Pocketful of Miracles I noticed Glenn Ford is always pointing.  I mean constantly.  Now when I see him in movies, that's all I can see.  I've honestly only seen him in three movies.  I have to go back and rewatch Gilda now to see if he points constantly in that movie as well.  Anyone else notice this?  It's like something I can't unsee.  Similar to when someone once told me that when they watch basketball all they can hear are the shoes squeaking.  Now I can't watch basketball.  You're welcome.  

Ooooh...do I see a new drinking game in the making here?

And, how about if we stretch the rules a bit to include any of Glenn Ford's costars who point in a movie he's in too?

Yeah, like Brando here in The Teahouse of the August Moon?...

american-actor-marlon-brando-playing-a-j

(...or do you think people would end up getting too drunk and have to call Uber to get 'em home later?)

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Ooooh...do I see a new drinking game in the making here?

And, how about if we stretch the rules a bit to include any of Glenn Ford's costars who point in a movie he's in too?

Yeah, like Brando here in The Teahouse of the August Moon?...

american-actor-marlon-brando-playing-a-j

(...or do you think people would end up getting too drunk and have to call Uber to get 'em home later?)

LOL if they are watching Pocketful of Miracles they would get quite drunk.  If you then also add in the co-stars pointing I feel like they would get annihilated!  

But not a bad idea for a drinking game! 

Harrison Ford is an actor who points quite a lot in his movies as well and he and Glenn have the same surname. Well that's a weird coincidence.

12 hours ago, VivLeighFan said:

Harrison Ford is an actor who points quite a lot in his movies as well and he and Glenn have the same surname. Well that's a weird coincidence.

Ha ha that is weird.  Maybe people whose last names are Ford are more prone to pointing or something...