Kev5140

Unable to access movies

30 posts in this topic

For the past three days I have been unable to access either the live feeds or any films offered in the library via the TCM app. I have reloaded the app with no success. I use a Roku device and all my other apps are working fine. Is anyone else having problems?

• Thanks 1

I've got the exact same problem with the "Watch TCM" app on a roku device.  I get the "Film is not available to view, try another one..." message for anything on demand and the live feed just says "Loading" forever.  This started on 5/30/19 in the afternoon.  The app had worked flawlessly for me previously.    I can watch TCM on demand as well as the live feed using the Spectrum tv app on the same roku device this afternoon although I did notice the same problem on the Spectrum tv app last night.  So hopefully the problem is getting fixed...

Watch LIVE will not load. I can view the films on demand. Very frustrating. I watch on mobile devices that are completely updated. I deleted and added the app. Did not solve the problem. Could it be an Apple problem. This problem surfaced after the most recent update. Just a coincidence? I definitely watched TCM live a few days ago and noticed this problem  yesterday, Friday, May 31 and today. Not sure if I tuned in on Thursday, May 30th.

Hi Westlyn - not an Apple problem. I've experienced it with an Andriod tablet, Android phone, and a Windows 10 laptop. This is ABSOLUTELY a TCM problem. How am I so sure? Because I can log into my provider's service directly (in this case, DIRECTV - west coast) and watch the live stream of TCM. I asked my sister to log in to her provider (Comcast - East Coast) and she was able to watch the stream online as well. The common denominator is TCM - both app and website - "watch live" functionality. I too can view the films on demand. Just not the live stream.

The problem I'm running into is who we can let know about this.

If anyone in the general forum knows who we can contact, please let us know!! THANKS!

I’m having the same frustrating problem. I can watch specific movies On Demand with the WatchTCM app from their library on updated iPhone & iPad devices, but the WatchNow feature seems completely disabled.   The interminable “spinning daisy” & loading message are as far as I can get. The WatchNow feature usually works seamlessly for me, but it began to be spotty a few days ago.  It appears to have completely collapsed in the last 48 hours.  I, too, have deleted & reloaded the app several times from my devices several times with no resolution to the problem.  I’m really hoping they get this fixed ASAP.  ...I have a wicked addiction to TCM and my withdrawal pains are currently debilitating!

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Archie Leach, Jr. I do not have the ability to stream from my provider to test that possibility because I don’t subscribe to their WiFi service.  Thanks for ruling that out as a likely cause.

12 minutes ago, Westlyn said:

Thanks, Archie Leach, Jr. I do not have the ability to stream from my provider to test that possibility because I don’t subscribe to their WiFi service.  Thanks for ruling that out as a likely cause.

You can buy your own router (gateway). Then you have multiple wired connections and WiFi.

• Thanks 1

I cannot view livestream either. I'm attempting to do so via a web browser on a desktop computer.

18 minutes ago, SFRocket said:

I cannot view livestream either. I'm attempting to do so via a web browser on a desktop computer.

Me too. Able to play a movie. No live feed. Web browser on tablet.

Thanks @Westlyn - hadn't seen that. I'll submit a ticket too. Hopefully, if everyone having a problem submits a ticket they might get the message. Cheers!

I’ve been having a similar problem since last Friday. I can watch the channel live with Xfinity, but it stopped working altogether thru my Roku. Regardless of which movie I cick to watch, error message is “We apologize for the inconvenience, but the requested title isn’t available at this time.  Please select another title.”  This happens when I click “Watch Live” as well.  So frustrating!  I signed out and then reactivated with the code just fine also restarted my Roku, which sucks because now I have to reactivate all my Roku channels  

By last night I was back up & running with WatchNow & the live stream as well as the regular cable service viewing.  Thanks for getting that fixed, folks, especially as my birthday was yesterday!!!

Yayyyyy, Team TCM...!!!

I'm having the same problem. With Sony PS Vue streaming and the Watch TCM Roku app, 90% of the movies suddenly just say "Content not available, watch something else".  Everything was working fine for over a year - until two days ago.

I submitted a report to the Help Desk, like that's going to do anything.

I submitted two help desk reports and got no response. It’s too bad there is no competition for TCM.  The only reason I have an Xfinity subscription is so I can get TCM.  I’ll probably drop it if they do t fix this issue. 

Corrine: TCM seems unresponsive frequently. There is a previous forum member who also quit cable because Watch TCM worked so poorly. TCM is included in most of the popular streaming providers. It is optional with Sling TV. One of our members on this forum dropped cable for Hulu. Here is her fun to read thread:

http://forums.tcm.com/topic/257598-i-am-thrilled-to-pieces-with-tcm-on-hulu-except-for-one-thing/

I once sent them a question about something a few years back.  After not getting anything more than their standard form letter, I sent another request.  And another.  Finally after three months and twelve messages to them I just gave up.  Which is no doubt what they wanted in the first place.  If anyone ever read any of them at all.

What we really need is Ted Turner's home phone number.

Ugh.  I should have known Time Warner had their greasy fingers in this.  At least that explains why writing to the TCM "Help" Desk never achieves anything.  I love classic movies but I hate Time Warner.

14 hours ago, michele31415 said:

Ugh.  I should have known Time Warner had their greasy fingers in this.  At least that explains why writing to the TCM "Help" Desk never achieves anything.  I love classic movies but I hate Time Warner.

Now it is AT&T's mess.

Oh great - AT&T, the only company I hate more than Time Warner.  I canceled my DirecTV Now plan with them because they had zero customer service.  Do I detect a pattern here?

Thank you Michelle. I have regular Hulu and didn’t even know TCM was an option with it!  Done deal 😄