Kev5140

Unable to access movies

30 posts in this topic

Well good luck with that.  I experienced nothing but problems with DirecTV Now. I spent more time watching the spinning circle of buffering than actual TV shows.  And DTVN's customer "service" consists of a web site, accessible only from one single particular type of browser where you have to wait an hour for anyone to answer, if that even works at all.  Then they always tried to blame me for it.  It's my ISP, it's my router, it's everything except them.

I finally switched to Sony's PS Vue and all those problems suddenly went away.  Plus PS Vue offers Watch TCM while DTVN does not.  DTVN has streaming live TCM but not the Watch TCM app.  Also DTVN offers a puny 10 GB of DVR whereas PS Vue has unlimited DVR.  And PS Vue is $5 cheaper per month than DTVN.

The app actually started working normally a couple days ago but, alas, it didn’t last. I also tried TCM “help” several days ago but, of course, no response. I get the feeling that frankly, my dear, TCM doesn’t give a damn. Very frustrating.

Yikes!  My WatchTCM/Watch Live portion of the app just went down at the end of Lover Come Back about 15 or 20 minutes ago.  It’s been working fine this week, but has collapsed again, sadly.  Really bummed-out about it.  I’ve been looking forward to seeing the whole Doris-thon all the way through. I guess that’s not gonna happen now.  My cable tv hook-up isn’t convenient or available to watch at present.  If the company is doing maintenance on the channel or something, I wish they would make that known to viewers/subscribers for the time when the channel will be down. It would just save everybody a lot of grief & consternation!   I LOOOOVE TCM, but I hate these headaches with viewing!  Hoping it gets fixed soon.

Very glumly yours,

BSG

It's been randomly up and down the whole past week.  There's no telling when it will tell you, no movie for you.  One thing I discovered is that if you get that annoying "content not available" message, back out and try the same movie again.  I did that three times in a row and the third time it worked.  (Though that doesn't always work).  Who knows.