Sign in to follow this  
shutoo

Dozen Dads Father's Day quiz

3 posts in this topic

Since I came up with a quiz for Mother's day, I don't want to discriminate...so here are a dozen dads to ID.  The rules are a little different though...each of these actors portrayed a father in either a film series (defined here as 3 or more films playing the same character) or tv series --in other words, no one-time portrayals included.  For each, name the actor and the series, either film or tv, in which he played pop (and there may be more than one...hmmm).

1. f50e18ebedd356db3a1577474bfcab9a.jpg

2. Charles Farrell as Chico in 7th Heaven (Frank Borzage, 1927)

3. John Litel (December 30, 1892 â February 3, 1972) was an American film and television actor.  In 1929, he started appearing in films. Part of the "Warner Bros. Stock Company" beginning in the 1930s, he appeared in dozens of Warner Bros. films. He often played supporting roles such as hard-nosed cops, district attorneys, etc. He appeared in over 200 films, including They Drive by Night (1940), Knute Rockne, All American (1940), They Died with Their Boots On (1941), Scaramouche (1952), ...

4. Dixon of Dock Green ---- This was a popular BBC television series that ran from 1955 to 1976, and was later a radio series. The main character, Police Constable George Dixon, played by Jack Warner, was an old-style British "bobby". The character first appeared in a 1950 British film, 'The Blue Lamp', in which he was shot and killed by a criminal. However, it was decided to resurrect him for a television series

5. Hugh Beaumont

6. A much younger Lewis Stone before his Judge Hardy years.  Doesn't even look like the same person.  He was handsome.  At first I thought this was another actor John Boles (of Stella Dallas fame).

7. Fred MacMurray:  Frederick Martin "Fred" MacMurray (August 30, 1908 â November 5, 1991) was an American actor who appeared in more than 100 movies and a successful television series during a career that spanned nearly a half-century, from 1930 to the 1970s.

8. Bill Bixby: my favorite Martian

9. Cornelius Crane "Chevy" Chase

10. Arthur Lake-Dagwood Our neighbor in West Hollywood....

11. 6341a010cbf97735fcafcb1aa6be969c.jpg

12. Charley Grapewin as California Joe Milner in "They Died With Their Boots On"

1) David Wayne in Ellery Queen

2) Charles Farrell in My Little Margie

7) Fred MacMurray in My Three Sons

Eight) Bill Bixby in The Courtship of Eddie's Father

• Like 1

3. John Litel- he was dad in many movies- the Rusty films as Ted Donaldson dad, the Nancy Drew films and as Henry Aldrich's father in the Henry Aldrich film series

5. I think that's Hugh Beaumont ? - Leave it To Beaver

10. Arthur Lake- Blondie films and tv - Baby Bumstead's dad

11. Percy Kilbride- Played Pa in the Ma and Pa Kettle films

• Like 1