spence

please excuse me i am still john j. macreedy in black rock wth 1 arm

26 posts in this topic

I keep trying to ask for help from you fellow moviebuffs on getting an avatar, still no help, suggestions has yet to be sent,   why

2nd question and this is a complaint shared by many on here after the tremendous np guide mafs tcm has sibce obly offered it online, but almost all say they don't get it, can someone also help out here  matter of fact they sent me the application in my inbox again 7 again nada has been sent

Go to profile, hit cover photo button (top right screen), find a photo and upload it, the only problem you may encounter is maybe the size of the file you are trying to upload. They usually want postage stamp size (and shape) images. If you pick too big a file it wont load it or something like a wide screen image probably wont load.

• Like 1

Try using this one here, Spence...

jj-macready.jpg

(...as it's only 300X400 in size, it should work IF you follow the few shorts steps it takes to create an avatar)

Btw...Here's another one. It's 400X250 in size...

1665-3.jpg

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

how do I look?

:D

Looking good!!!!    

• Like 1

strangely due ti wagner's all-time all-around hero and idol on a tcm pvt screenigs he voted black rock among his 4 essential films  and not others of his 74 motion pictures,  screenings with osbo, he included this along his top 4 essentials films too  instead of inherit the wind, the mountain , broken lance

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Looking good!!!!    

o right, dynamic filmmaking on every single level, especially tracy he always committed to a project wuth mgm and dory schary and then backed upt, so schary finally told him they got alan ladd as john j. maccreedy instead in 1215 degree lone pine, calif spencer was on next train

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Looking good!!!!    

the single greatest film actor that ever lived, though lost to co star borgnine in marty instead

10 hours ago, Dargo said:

Try using this one here, Spence...

jj-macready.jpg

(...as it's only 300X400 in size, it should work IF you follow the few shorts steps it takes to create an avatar)

Btw...Here's another one. It's 400X250 in size...

1665-3.jpg

one and only drawback, too short at only 81 minutes  years later wiliam conrad in cannon did a scene fr scene rehash

who woulda barely been my vpyt gpt 2066

smf fo uoi sgree marvn was betteofficial best actor cointenders fir 1955's academy award were

ernest borgnine in marty and won

james cagney in love me or leave me

james dean in east of eden

frank sinatra in man with the golden arm

and tracy in inherit the who would you folks haven';t voted for

19 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Go to profile, hit cover photo button (top right screen), find a photo and upload it, the only problem you may encounter is maybe the size of the file you are trying to upload. They usually want postage stamp size (and shape) images. If you pick too big a file it wont load it or something like a wide screen image probably wont load.

cigarjoe, again thanks for the tip and will save until I try it

On 6/20/2019 at 3:03 PM, Michael Rennie said:

156105638543698685.jpeg.631ef86d51cf7011645d6735f0b501e8.jpeg

Perfect! ...he looks confused. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2019 at 7:48 AM, TikiSoo said:

Perfect! ...he looks confused. 

first of all thanx   that scene was more of a surprise to Robert Eyan though then spence. looking at the dailies Ryan saw this guy basically looking at the ground and  such and not really him, underplaying as he did so often

please excuse sloppy wreiting, broke me arm, dislocated me shoulder ad sdhattered my ribs all on left side

On 6/20/2019 at 11:50 PM, spence said:

official best actor cointenders fir 1955's academy award were

and tracy

looks like nobody had an opinion

On 6/20/2019 at 9:20 PM, NipkowDisc said:

another great performer   and see below, i'm all busted up right now

anyhow, who would you have voted for that great movie  year

On 6/20/2019 at 9:14 PM, NipkowDisc said:

call me Hector.

:D

hector

On 6/20/2019 at 9:07 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Looking good!!!!    

as  I wrot bynorius runersl miss ref np guine;d

2 hours ago, spence said:

please excuse sloppy wreiting, broke me arm, dislocated me shoulder ad sdhattered my ribs all on left side

Ouch. What happened? Must be a long recovery because misspelling seems typical for your posts. Can you implement the "spoken voice" function to type for you?

On 6/20/2019 at 8:50 PM, spence said:

who woulda barely been my vpyt gpt 2066

smf fo uoi sgree marvn was betteofficial best actor cointenders fir 1955's academy award were

and tracy in inherit the who would you folks haven';t voted for

Spence,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems.  All those broken bones cannot be fun.

I haven't seen all the 1955 nominees and I haven't seen Bad Day at Black Rock as referenced in your post.  Though, I like Robert Ryan, so perhaps I will need to borrow this film at the library. 

I haven't seen Marty or Inherit the Wind, so I don't know if I can give an honest assessment of who should have taken home the Oscar--perhaps the trophy rightfully belonged to Borgnine.

Of the nominees that I have seen, James Cagney's portrayal in Love Me or Leave Me is my favorite, followed probably by Sinatra. I do like James Dean, but I would have picked him for Rebel Without a Cause

When it comes to Cagney, I only like Yankee Doodle Dandy. Otherwise, he's a dirty rat. Bad Day at Black Rock seems to get played regularly on TCM. I like Inherit The Wind more. Marty too.

6 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Ouch. What happened? Must be a long recovery because misspelling seems typical for your posts. Can you implement the "spoken voice" function to type for you?

Spence posted a very lengthy blurb on my Madonna thread, and I only saw one typo.