Peebs

Future guest programmers

7 posts in this topic

What future guest programmers would you like to see on TCM?

On 8/21/2019 at 3:26 PM, spence said:

woody allen

Yes, he'd have some good picks.   I assume that TCM won't ask him with the controversy around his personal life.   I like when they have filmmakers for Guest Programmers.  You can see the influence of their picks on films they have made.  I'd like to see some British actors or filmmakers as G.P.  I think they might pick interesting/different films.

It seems like I used to tune in for Guest Programmers more regularly but I can't remember the last time I watched one.  This is partly due to no longer having a Now Playing monthly guide sitting on my coffee table.  I know it's online but it's not the same.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peebs said:

Yes, he'd have some good picks.   I assume that TCM won't ask him with the controversy around his personal life.   I like when they have filmmakers for Guest Programmers.  You can see the influence of their picks on films they have made.  I'd like to see some British actors or filmmakers as G.P.  I think they might pick interesting/different films.

It seems like I used to tune in for Guest Programmers more regularly but I can't remember the last time I watched one.  This is partly due to no longer having a Now Playing monthly guide sitting on my coffee table.  I know it's online but it's not the same.  

so like myself, you saved past NP Guide's? I actually have hefty bags full of the original one's saved.  Do you like the newer format as much?  as I started to write yesterday, but had to stop for now NATALIE WOOD is I the sept issue

1 hour ago, spence said:

so like myself, you saved past NP Guide's? I actually have hefty bags full of the original one's saved.  Do you like the newer format as much?  as I started to write yesterday, but had to stop for now NATALIE WOOD is I the sept issue

No, I recycled my Now Playing guides.  (Maybe I should have saved them!)  I don't find the new format as helpful or user friendly.  I also just don't find myself consulting it very often unless I'm looking for something specific.  I use the guide on my tv to see what's coming up and then record anything interesting.   I wonder if not having a N.P. guide in hand affects how often some people tune in?  

On 6/20/2019 at 9:44 PM, Peebs said:

What future guest programmers would you like to see on TCM?

I would prefer to see Ralph Bakshi on TCM since he is one of the most influential animators in American history as an auteur.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BLACHEFAN said:

I would prefer to see Ralph Bakshi on TCM since he is one of the most influential animators in American history as an auteur.

Yes, that's a good suggestion.  I wonder what movies he would pick.