Sign in to follow this  
yanceycravat

Could the moderator please put all the 20th Century Scrapbooks in a separate area please?

26 posts in this topic

And how about considering putting all political threads under a separate heading. That's been overwhelming for a long time. It would be nice having some pleasantness down there without all the pollution.

• Like 2

He's almost done with the Fox scrapbook threads. He's up to 2014. These kinds of threads don't stay on page 1 long because they don't really generate much conversation.

I agree that it would be nice for them to all be collected together, since he's done such an excellent job with them and they could serve as a valuable resource for people later on. Especially if they're easier to find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Y'know, I'd actually started to have forgotten about Korean cellphones...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, laffite said:

And how about considering putting all political threads under a separate heading.

TDS would be a good heading for most of that mess.

• Like 1

I second the Political area idea. Then there could be a "non-political off topic" or something.

11 hours ago, yanceycravat said:

Don't get me wrong. They're great but it's starting to get overwhelming...

Thanks!

Already made the suggestion in one of the scrapbook threads.  Which one, I forgot.

10 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

TDS would be a good heading for most of that mess.

Or Can't get over 2016. :wacko:

1 minute ago, hamradio said:

Already made the suggestion in one of the scrapbook threads.  Which one, I forgot.

It was this one - Scrapbook 2014.

Also, I agree that the scrapbook threads should be moved too.

• Thanks 1

Put the Fox threads somewhere where they can be found.

Also most other forums that allow politics do have a distinction between "general off-topic" and "political off-topic" at the very least.  It only makes sense.

• Like 4

Open the threads one is interested in under "General Discussions" and then use the "Mark Forum as read". 

Yea,  this can be a pain when there are a lot of threads one isn't interested in and where other users are adding new posts.

But hey,   this is a community and those threads are just as 'valid' as any other   (but maybe they do belong under the My Favorite forum????).  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michael Rennie said:

TDS ...

R-271173-1330812042.jpeg.jpg

I like this one better!

59 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Open the threads one is interested in under "General Discussions" and then use the "Mark Forum as read"

Yea,  this can be a pain when there are a lot of threads one isn't interested where other users are adding new posts.

But hey,   this is a community and those threads are just as 'valid' as any other   (but maybe they do belong under the My Favorite forum????).  

Well, I haven't used that feature. Does the thread disappear for good? Can the feature be undone? I now must experiment.

Edit: Wait! It is for the whole forum. Yeah, my dummyness. It does read forum, not thread. It isn't available after a thread is open. Now what?

37 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Right wing nutjobs on parade.

Yeah, that's a good title for an area........

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

Yeah, that's a good title for an area........

I think it hits the nail on the head, figuratively speaking of course. 

• Haha 1

LOL. The moderator just moved this thread to another section and did nothing about the scrapbooks clogging up the page. :lol: 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Michael Rennie said:

Well, I haven't used that feature. Does the thread disappear for good? Can the feature be undone? I now must experiment.

Edit: Wait! It is for the whole forum. Yeah, my dummyness. It does read forum, not thread. It isn't available after a thread is open. Now what?

A thread will be marked as 'read' once one enters and exits it.    This is what I do:

Go to forums that the 'system' tells me have unread threads.

Go to the threads I have interest in.    

After the above,   'mark' the forum as 'read'  (which will 'mark' each unread thread as 'read' within said forum).