Sign in to follow this  
Gershwin fan

Democratic Debate

190 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I know you put in "unwitting" but to me the posts still implied insane Hillary was on-to-something.

NOT.   Instead the only thing that was revealed is that Hillary has totally lost-it.

PS:  As for either 3rd party candidates and their supporters  or Dem-party-losers and their supporters, not coming out to vote for the Dem nominee in 2020:    Isn't Hillary the one that is upsetting Gabbard supporters and that could lead to them NOT voting for the Dem or even,  please-say-no,  voting for Trump?    So it is Hillary that is unwitting doing Putin's bidding.

Your PS is on the mark but I think Clinton is being self-serving here.  She is trying to reinforce and remind us of what happened to her in 2016 by bringing up this example.  Plus I don't think she really believes that Gabbard is such a force as was Sanders or even Jill Stein for that matter.  So this really is just the sour grape doing a little more whining.  That said, there is still a bit of truth to what she is saying though she needn't have gone public with it.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Your PS is on the mark but I think Clinton is being self-serving here.  She is trying to reinforce and remind us of what happened to her in 2016 by bringing up this example.  Plus I don't think she really believes that Gabbard is such a force as was Sanders or even Jill Stein for that matter.  So this really is just the sour grape doing a little more whining.  That said, there is still a bit of truth to what she is saying though she needn't have gone public with it.

Yes,  there is truth to the fact that Putin\Russia will try to create major discord within the Dem party and thus Dem leaning voters, as a way to assist in the re-election of Trump.

But yea,  no need to go public.    Note that A.O.C. is the Dem most likely to unwitting assist Trump's re-election.

E.g.  Her open support of Sanders in the rally over the weekend.     Sanders isn't going to be the nominee so what will A.O.C. do?    OK,  I assume she would half-heartily support the Dem nominee,   but since her followers are so obsesses with all things A.O.C.,   will they follow her advise to now support someone other than Sanders?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalkTalk123 said:

Yeah, he's back. He's back from his heart attack at the hospital. 

13 hours ago, TalkTalk123 said:

I caught a clip of AOC's speech and thought it was some little girl rambling on about something.

Regardless, it will not get Bernie the nomination and will successfully be used by the GOP against all Dem candidates in 2020 elections.

The most important thing Bernie could do for the Dem Party (of which he is not a real member) and America is to end his campaign now.  Unfortunately his Trump sized ego will not let him do that. 

Tina Dupuy

@TinaDupuy

Tulsi is dividing Democrats just like she’s supposed to.

Pete Buttigieg criticizes Hillary Clinton's attack on Tulsi Gabbard: Her claims should be "backed by evidence"

Replying to
and these milquetoast candidates are falling for it, notice that Cory had the best response
and that Kamala and Julian and Elizabeth have stayed out of it

I'll admit I'm baffled:
What have we seen from #JoeBiden's campaign that shows he's the strongest to take on Trump?

Why do people continue to make that case? :wacko:

#Warren and #Sanders have shown far greater ability to spark widespread grassroots support,

AND to handle GOP attacks.

:)
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, mr6666 said:

I'll admit I'm baffled:
What have we seen from #JoeBiden's campaign that shows he's the strongest to take on Trump?

Why do people continue to make that case? :wacko:

#Warren and #Sanders have shown far greater ability to spark widespread grassroots support,

AND to handle GOP attacks.

:)

Because Biden, at this time, is the only Dem capable of winning over the Independents, moderate Republicans and even Democrats who voted for Trump in 2016.

Warren, Sanders and their allies AOC and The Squad, etc. will encourage people to think that Trump is the lesser of two evils - again.  Sad, but true.

https://boingboing.net/2019/10/25/trudeau-sans-abs.html

Meet the deep-pocketed Biden Bros: lobbyists for arms dealers, for-profit health-care, Azerbaijani oligarchs, Comcast

As Joe Biden cruises towards his latest (and final?) humiliating defeat in a Democratic primary, The Senator from MNBA is talking a big game about how he will reverse his decades-long dependence on massive cash infusions from America's richest, worst people to sustain his political career.

And it's true that his (anemic, underfunded) campaign isn't directly taking money from big corporations. But since Citizens United, campaigns no longer have to climb into bed with the ultra-wealthy and their terrible corporations in order to become beholden to them: thanks to PACs and Super PACs, a literally unlimited amount of money can get behind a candidate like Tailgunner Joe in a bid to propel a corporate-friendly "centrist" to the presidency.

Enter Larry Rasky, a key figure in the creation of the Biden Super PAC, and also founder of Rasky Partners, lobbyists for Raytheon, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, and the Republic of Azerbaijan (as well as former clients like the Education Finance Council). Rasky is joined by fellow lobbyist Steve Schale, whose clients include the Florida Hospital Association, JetBlue Airways, State Farm Insurance, Walt Disney Parks, AT&T, and the Associated Industries of Florida.

The Biden campaign has been in bed with America's most notorious lobbyists literally since day one, when the campaign launched at a private party held at the stately mansion of Comcast's chief lobbyist.

Biden has articulated the problem with big-money donations in the past, noting that privately financed elections allow those donors greater access to politicians than ordinary Americans.

“Lobbyists aren’t bad people, special-interest groups are not bad people, but guess what? They’re corrosive,” said Biden during a 2007 campaign event.

“It’s human nature. If you, Lynn, bundle $250,000 for me, all legal, and then you call me after I’m elected and say, ‘Joe, I’d like to talk to you about something. You didn’t buy me. But it’s human nature, you helped me, I’m going to say, ‘Sure, Lynn, come on in,'” he explained.

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

In case there was any doubt: “Beto will not be a candidate for U.S. Senate in Texas in 2020.” -Rob Friedlander, Communications Director #txsen

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

I think he would have had a better shot at gaining moderate or undecided voters too. That's another one down though. Still a lot left.

Virginia Democrats win majorities in both the state House and Senate,

giving them control of the legislature

and the governorship for the first time in 26 years.