Sign in to follow this  
FloydDBarber

Comedy Team in 1928 short

5 posts in this topic

I have a twisted sense of humor and I loved the 1928 short that TCM aired featuring a comedy duo in an early talking film. They stood close together, side by side and were expressionless. They told the most bizarre jokes that I have ever heard. At the end they did a dance, close together with a lot of strange high kicks. One was fairly young and the other was extremely frail looking and looked to be about 15 years older. Who were they? I managed to find a video on Youtube but it has long since been taken down. Can someone name this Vaudeville duo?

Do you remember what day it aired? The poster here MovieCollector has an informative website that lists everything that has aired on TCM (including dates they aired).

Wish I could remember. It was about two years ago on a special program where several early talking pictures were introduced. All were from 1928. This was my favorite because of the weirdness and off the wall jokes. One of the jokes went something like this. "On my porch there were 35 geese. It was a porch o geese."