FloydDBarber

Watch TCM

6 posts in this topic

Is it normal to lose the controls once the movie starts playing?

I accidentally lost the full screen and could not access any of the controls at all. No full-screen, no pause, no estimate of the time viewed or time remaining, nothing at all but the video screen itself.

I am using a Mac with macOS Mojave Version 10.14.5.

I am accessing the films via Verizon.   

On 7/20/2019 at 8:11 PM, FloydDBarber said:

Is it normal to lose the controls once the movie starts playing?

Yes, the controls go away after a few seconds. Just mouse click the screen and they will return.

Mouse click doesn't work at all. I am now wondering if it is the Chrome browser with the iMac. I'll try Firefox and Safari to see how they behave. 

15 hours ago, FloydDBarber said:

Mouse click doesn't work at all. I am now wondering if it is the Chrome browser with the iMac. I'll try Firefox and Safari to see how they behave. 

I tried it with my Windows PC and Chrome browser. I had to scroll up to show the bottom of the the movie. Everything should work better if you go full-screen. On my PC, Watch TCM formats a little different with the live feed versus a movie on-demand. The mouse pointer and all controls go away after a few seconds. You want it that way. Just move the mouse and all should return. Very limited response from the keyboard.