BrightSkyGazer

WatchTCM live stream interference

2 posts in this topic

Is anybody else having problems with what I would call “interference” when live streaming movies from East or West feeds...??? It’s not a buffering problem, as the stream of the films doesn’t pause or get interrupted, nor does the screen go dark or blank. What DOES happen is I get an intermittent, horizontal band of blocks of scrambled, large “pixilated reception”.  If it’s a black & white film, the blocks are that. If the film is in color, the band has multicolored blocks.

I just watched Butterfield 8 on the Eastern live stream and the interference was very frequent with the spasms occurring sometimes 3 to 5 times a minute. I’m now watching This Woman is Dangerous & the spasms are less frequent but equally distracting & annoying.

I’m watching on an iPad Pro and have the same problem when watching with high -speed WiFi from my cable company & with Sprint cellular data.  The problem occurs with both types of service.  When I tune in with my iPhone 6 AND my iPad Pro to the same stream & have them both going simultaneously & in sync but with one on the cable company WiFi & the other on cellular data, the interference occurs at the exact same time & positioned in the same exact place on the respective screens. 

Other streaming services like Netflix & Hulu or cable To-Go like HBOGo do not have the same interference issues.

I’m not sure how long the problem has been happening, but I began noticing it happening with distracting frequency in the last 2 weeks. It could have been happening longer, but if it was only an occasional interference, it wasn’t bad enough to make me want to find a fix for the problem.

Anybody having this problem?  Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!!!

This is going to sound strange but that problem seems to occur more during bad weather. I have no idea how TCM is delivered to streaming services, but maybe somewhere along the line the feed is handled by satellites. I remember having this problem years ago when I received TCM via TW Cable. Just a guess.