backpacker2007

What Do I Need to Do?

3 posts in this topic

In order to cut down on monthly expenses, I'm thinking of dropping my cable provider.  If I was to go with SlingTV, Roku, or one of the other providers that allow you to create your own package line up, what will I need to get, and will I be able to record selected movies onto DVD for my own future enjoyment?

Thank you.

15 hours ago, backpacker2007 said:

In order to cut down on monthly expenses, I'm thinking of dropping my cable provider.  If I was to go with SlingTV, Roku, or one of the other providers that allow you to create your own package line up, what will I need to get, and will I be able to record selected movies onto DVD for my own future enjoyment?

Thank you.

This section of the message board is for the TCM Film Festival held annually in L.A. As such, very few people view things posted here. You may wish to repost your questions in either the General Discussions section near the top of the forum index, or at the very bottom of the index in the Technical Issues/Problems with TCM.com section.

Here are links to each:

http://forums.tcm.com/forum/4-general-discussions/

http://forums.tcm.com/forum/75-problems-with-tcmcom/

what a coincidence!  I'm giving Hulu live a week's trial,.,..so far, so good!  I was concerned about losing the content of the tcm app, but guess what...it's built in with Hulu! can get both east and west coast streams, and can stream any of the films that are on the watch tcm app.  I'm tired of paying directv $$$ when I only watch a handful of channels, so I think this is my best bet--has all the locals (in my area..but it varies I think).  You should give it a try, the streams for me have been really good, and the picture is as good, and in some cases, better, than directv.  I already had a Hulu account, so it was easy to set up, and I like that the app can be used on just about anything...pc, android, apple, some tv's (have it on my samsung tv...so I don't have to go through the roku or firestick).  I'm still fiddling around with the recording/cloud, but I think this is a keeper for me.