Bond1965

Watch TCM App for ROKU

6 posts in this topic

My Watch TCM app for ROKU suddenly stopped working in the last week. If you try to open it, you get the NXNW logo and then it goes to a "loading" screen but then kicks you back to the ROKU menu. Is anyone else having this issue?

I've reported it via the app, tried selecting update app, and even deleted the app and reinstalled to no avail.

Yes, I'm having the same problem for about a week now., and I think I've diagnosed the problem. I have 5 different Roku TVs/Devices and 2 of them are 4K capable.  The 2 newer 4K units suddenly stopped working about a week ago with the exact same problem you described.  My older 1080 only Rokus are all still working fine. 

Must have been some change /update on the TCM side, and now their system doesn't recognize/work with Roku 4K devices (or at least some subset of the devices). 

Can someone from TCM please respond and fix the issue urgently!  Thank you. 

Looks like the Roku issue has been resolved.  Checked both my 4K Rokus this morning and they are now again able to use the Watch TCM app.  Fantastic! 

I don't have a 4K Roku so I don't know what is causing my issue. I've tried removing the app and resetting the Roku and then reinstalling but nothing seems to work. 

Watch TCM works on my Roku Stick (Roku 3800) except for buffering frequently enough to be annoying. I don't have this buffering issue with any other Roku app.

I also have excess buffering with 2 different Roku sticks, to the point that the app is unusable. Other apps are fine.