Sign in to follow this  
huggles

Your Favorite Classic Horror films

6 posts in this topic

The Seventh Victim

The Black Cat (1934 Karloff-Lugosi version)

Cat People

The Wolf Man

Mark of the Vampire

The Spiral Staircase

Psycho

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?

The Uninvited

Village of the Damned

Hi, huggles, welcome to the forums :)

I'm a big fan of the early Universal horror films, Dracula, Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein, The Invisible Man. Also many of Val Lewton's films, especially Cat People. Also the British film Dead of Night.

Oh, and The Uninvited with Ray Milland.

Love all the Horror classics mentioned here, but my childhood # 1 horror/Sci-Fi is "The Thing"I was 10 years old in 1951. Not all the horror movies scared me that much or most of my friends, but when we went to see the" Thing from Another World"and the scene where the soldier is standing guard in the room with the block of ice with the body of the Thing in the ice and he throws the blanket over the ice and goes back to reading his book and the camera cuts to the electric blanket and starts panning down to the AC cord and follows the cord to the wall, then the next thing you see is the ice melting , at this point a good third of the kids head for the lobby and when the shadow comes up behind the soldier another third start for the lobby and about a quarter of us head under our seats, old gum, candy and all. That filmed scared the daylights out of all of us that day. That was one of the great movie experiences of all time, I was one of the kids that went under the seats...I still love that movie to this day...

Oh, wow, I would have loved to have watched The Thing for the first time under similar circumstances. Those are the once-in-lifetime experiences that you never really forget.

And for what it's worth, I'm also a fan of The Thing, although to be honest I didn't get to see it until fairly recently, so it still seem fairly fresh.