Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

The lost movie Leonardo DiCaprio doesn’t want you to see

8 posts in this topic

More "Twits" Jake?  Don't you know there ARE more reliable sources of information? 

Sepiatone

• Confused 1

The tweet is ultimately a link to the New York Post.

The only real problem I have with posting tweets is that the embedding is always the last thing to show up when a page loads, and that always results in jumping around the page because the formatting takes more space than plain text.

• Like 1

What bothers me about it is that they seem to display the opinion of someone ELSE besides the poster, and also gives the impression(to me, anyway) that the person posting them either HAS no concrete opinion on whichever matter, or else let's the "tweet", video clip or whatever form the opinion FOR him/her. 

I keep feeling they should do their OWN thinking and let us know just what THEY'RE thinking.  B)

Sepiatone

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

What bothers me about it is that they seem to display the opinion of someone ELSE besides the poster, and also gives the impression(to me, anyway) that the person posting them either HAS no concrete opinion on whichever matter, or else let's the "tweet", video clip or whatever form the opinion FOR him/her. 

I keep feeling they should do their OWN thinking and let us know just what THEY'RE thinking.  B)

Sepiatone

I assume that when a someone posts a tweet, the poster agrees with its content. Some of the most prolific contributors to the site seem to post nothing other than tweets or other links. My only issue with that is that mentioned by Fedya. I tend to avoid the off-topic forum because it is nothing but links to biased sites.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Sepiatone

I experience this on other sites. One person only posts historical quotes from famous people. Anyone can google and do that. A music group I was a part of, all people would do is post links of songs on YouTube. No commentary or why they like the song, Why they think its good.

Does the OP believe the film should be shown ? Or not ? We can never know...

I would like to know why something is worthy of being posted. I like people who are passionate about something, even if I don't care for it. The passion alone might make me think twice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thenryb said:

I assume that when a someone posts a tweet, the poster agrees with its content. Some of the most prolific contributors to the site seem to post nothing other than tweets or other links. My only issue with that is that mentioned by Fedya. I tend to avoid the off-topic forum because it is nothing but links to biased sites.

The one guy in the Off Topics who used to spam nothing but tweets in the anti-Trump thread left a little while ago. I generally hold the same sentiment but the TMZ tabloid style "you will NOT friggin believe what Leo is hiding" title is a bit much.

• Like 1