Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

Hollywood Flashback: 'Bad News Bears' Made Stars of Cussing Kids in 1976

11 posts in this topic

saw the preview ... pure trash ... glamorizing cussing in kids ... G rating dead ... only disney ...

Really, not many(if any) of the kids in that movie actually went on to stardom.  And too, I didn't hear all that much cussing, in comparison to how much WE all cussed as kids 20 years earlier.  But only of course, out of adult earshot. 

And what "preview" are you talking about?  

Sepiatone

4 minutes ago, The Keeper said:

I might be in a huge minority here, but I refuse to click on Twitter links.

Neither do I. 

Some people seem to be afflicted with some malady that only allows them to communicate via other people's Tweets. And lately it seems to be spreading to other parts of the message board, like a bad rash or fungal growth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Neither do I. 

Some people seem to be afflicted with some malady that only allows them to communicate via other people's Tweets. And lately it seems to be spreading to other parts of the message board, like a bad rash or fungal growth.

It's as if individual posters are not smart enough to find these articles by themselves. Why does someone need to keep bringing these things to everyone else's attention? Also, most of it is not really newsworthy at all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Really, not many (if any) of the kids in that movie actually went on to stardom.  And too, I didn't hear all that much cussing, in comparison to how much WE all cussed as kids 20 years earlier.  But only of course, out of adult earshot. 

Sepiatone

Some cussing kids did went on to stardom

12370389.jpg

A one liner was a riot without the profanity..

Chris Chambers.... How do you know a Frenchman’s been in your yard?
Your garbage cans are empty and your dog’s pregnant.

:lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, JakeHolman said:
saw the preview ... pure trash ... glamorizing cussing in kids ... G rating dead ... only disney ...

Alfred Jingle, Movie Critic.  😛

The '76 movie was SUPPOSED to be cynical 70's American-icon satire (why else would it have Walter Matthau?), which was Michael Ritchie's stock and trade.

The '05 Billy Bob Thornton remake, OTOH, was just more of Richard Linklater's stoner obsession with his childhood, because he doesn't remember much since high school, and all he remembered from the '76 movie was the preteen cussing.

48 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:
(Have you read your Twitter feed today?)

Uh, you ALREADY posted that in its own thread, without reading the article that said the Cussing Kids movie "rocketed" to #1 at the box office, beating the Angry Birds movie, the cute-n-quirky Indian-Bruce-Fan movie, another reason to send Richard Linklater into rehab, and Hobbs & Shaw in its fourth week when nobody wants to see it anymore and it still got #2.  It's a long, hot August.  😓

(I can already see, on Monday morning, this is going to be "Ted" all over again:
"Gasp!  A comedy beat out Dark Knight Rises!  Is the director a genius, or is this the end of the world?  Let's get him to host the Oscars!!")

8 hours ago, TopBilled said:

It's as if individual posters are not smart enough to find these articles by themselves. Why does someone need to keep bringing these things to everyone else's attention? Also, most of it is not really newsworthy at all.

It's the same reason some posters--on just about any forum--feel it's their "duty" to post any obituary that appears on their daily Google News feed to the rest of the group, topic or not, the minute they read it, until that becomes the ONLY thing they show up to post.

When forum presence starts taking over in the mind from group camaraderie-discussion, that's how a fanatic usually starts.  (And a fanatic, as the saying goes, is "One who doubles his efforts after he has forgotten his goal".) 😄 

• Thanks 1

I got razzed a bit TopBilled, when I kept posting certain birthdays in another forum( for guitar players, and it was guitar player's birthdays I was posting) but it wasn't the ONLY time I'd post anything.  Plus, and since most of the members were "boomers", any death of our guitar "heroes" would be posted by anybody.  But....

NObody would include that person's entire life history and list their entire discography, since we(most of us anyway) probably already knew that information anyway. :rolleyes:

Sepiatone