Sign in to follow this  
BagelOnAPlateOfOnionRolls

Mash-Up Alternate Title

121 posts in this topic

I have an idea for what (I think) will be a fun and challenging new game for this forum.

I’m calling it Mash-Up Alternate Title.

The idea is to create an alternate title for a movie by “mashing-up” elements from one or more other movies that have a connection to the movie you’re creating the alternate title for.

To solve the puzzle, someone has to identify the actual title of the movie as well as explain the elements being referenced in the alternate title (in other words, how they’re connected to the movie that the alternate title has been created for).

Here’s an example of one of these alternate titles:

When Sundance Met Fanny

The solution would be:

The Way We Were, which starred Robert Redford (who played the Sundance Kid in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid) and Barbra Streisand (who played Fanny Brice in Funny Girl)

Here’s the next alternate title for someone to solve:

I Saw Alfie Kissing Superman

OH, I get it.  It's "Deathtrap" where Michael Caine, who played "Alfie", kisses Christopher Reeve, who played "Superman".

Here's one: Hondo Spanks Esmeralda  

McLintock!

John Wayne in Hondo, Maureen O'Hara is Esmeralda in The Hunchback of Notre Dame and John spanks Maureen in McLintock!

next

Thomas Crown partners with The King

The Magnificent Seven with Steve McQueen (who was Thomas Crown in The Thomas Crown Affair) as one of the gunfighters who joins the group led by Yul Brynner (who was The King in The King and I). 

This was a good one, lavenderblue! I loved how you used "crown" and "king."

Next:

Becket & Velvet & King & Gwen

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BagelOnAPlateOfOnionRolls said:

The Magnificent Seven with Steve McQueen (who was Thomas Crown in The Thomas Crown Affair) as one of the gunfighters who joins the group led by Yul Brynner (who was The King in The King and I). 

This was a good one, lavenderblue! I loved how you used "crown" and "king."

Next:

Becket & Velvet & King & Gwen

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf - Richard Burton as Becket, Elizabeth Taylor as Velvet in National Velvet, George Segal as Corporal King in King Rat and Sandy Dennis as Gwen in The Out of Towners.

next

Nancy Drew Meets the Invisible Man

White Banners - Bonita Granville (Nancy Drew) played Claude Rains' (the Invisible Man) daughter.

Next:  The Boy Next Door collaborates with Andy Hardy.

That's Words And Music.  Tom Drake, the boy next door in the song from "Meet Me In St. Louis" is Richard Rodgers, and Mickey Rooney, Andy Hardy in all of those Hardy family movies, plays Lorenz Hart.

Next:  Kris Kringle Helps The Thing With Pest Control.

20 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Next: Professor Moriarty electrifies The Wolf Man

Princess, I think I may have the answer, but I need some help on this one.  I’m guessing that Professor Moriarty is George Zucco and the Wolf Man is Lon Chaney Jr.  If this is correct, they appeared in two films together, The Mummy’s Ghost and House of Frankenstein, and I don’t know in which one the Professor electrified the Wolf Man.

Is any of this correct?

1 hour ago, starliteyes said:

Princess, I think I may have the answer, but I need some help on this one.  I’m guessing that Professor Moriarty is George Zucco and the Wolf Man is Lon Chaney Jr.  If this is correct, they appeared in two films together, The Mummy’s Ghost and House of Frankenstein, and I don’t know in which one the Professor electrified the Wolf Man.

Is any of this correct?

Lon Jr is correct, but keep on working.

Lionel Atwill also played Professor Moriarty, so I'm thinking it's "Man Made Monster", one of Lon Chaney Jr.'s early horror pictures.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

Lionel Atwill also played Professor Moriarty, so I'm thinking it's "Man Made Monster", one of Lon Chaney Jr.'s early horror pictures.

That's right Miles, I love this movie so much I have it on DVD.

Your turn.....

Next:

Monte Walsh Teams Up With Elmer Gantry, Ty Ty Walden, And Sergeant Rutledge In Searching For Jack Wilson.  

Lee Marvin (Monte Walsh in Monte Walsh), teamed up with Burt Lancaster (Elmer Gantry), Robert Ryan (Ty Ty Walden in God’s Little Acre) and Woody Strode (Sergeant Braxton Rutledge in Sergeant Rutledge) to search for Jack Palance (Jack Wilson in Shane) in The Professionals.

Next:

Curly Top dances with the Tin Man and Lillian Russell.

Poor Little Rich Girl

Shirley Temple is Curly Top Jack Haley is the Tin Man and Alice Faye as Lillian Russell

next:

Lillian Roth and Rick Martin make beautiful music together

Top Secret Affair

It's a romantic comedy with Susan Hayward (who played Lilian Roth in I'll Cry Tomorrow) and Kirk Douglas (who was Rick Martin in Young Man With A Horn).  

Next:

Mary Poppins Goes Topless for Joe Gillis

• Like 1

I never saw it, but it's S.O.B. with Julie Andrews (Mary Poppins) and William Holden (Joe Gillis in Sunset Boulevard.

Next:

Whitey Marsh grows up to be B l a c k i e Norton.

Whitey Marsh = Mickey Rooney in BOYS TOWN, and B. Norton = Clark Gable in SAN FRANCISCO, so it must be... MANHATTAN MELODRAMA

next

Phyllis Dietrichson ruins Longfellow Deeds' encyclopedia

That's Barbara Stanwyck from "Double Indemnity" and Gary Cooper from "Mr. Deeds Goes To Town" in "Ball Of Fire".

Next:

Cody Jarrett Hoofs It Up With Painless Peter Potter

James Cagney (White Heat) and Bob Hope (The Paleface) in The Seven Little Foys

Next

Blanche Hudson whacks Steve Austin

• Haha 1

Blanche Hudson = Joan Crawford in WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE, and I think Steve Austin = Lee Majors in THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN, so that makes it STRAIGHT JACKET

next

Anthony, it's real good you didn't wish George Bailey into the corn field! It's real good!

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 4:29 PM, LonesomePolecat said:

next

Anthony, it's real good you didn't wish George Bailey into the corn field! It's real good!

I think we're going to need some help with this one, Lonesome.

Billy Mumy--" The Twilight Zone" & Jimmy Stewart--" It's a Wonderful Life"

Jimmy and Billy co-starred in " Dear Brigitte "

Next:

McClintock slaps Eliot Ness.

• Like 1

John Wayne (McLintock!) & Robert Stack (The Untouchables) and the movie is The High and the Mighty.

Next:  Cleopatra and Walter Neff enjoy eating popcorn while people watching.