TheVFM

What is Going on Here? No one interacts. Get Talking

16 posts in this topic

I just joined and see people only views and no replies.  This is a forum for old movie buffs to interact as well as people who loves movies.  Let's start talking instead of lurking.  You go on a soap opera boards and people are chatting all the time.  TCM should be the same. I would love to meet a person who loves and appreciate the old movie era.  Been a buff for decades and very knowledgeable.  Let's start talking.

Edited by TheVFM
Corrections

17 minutes ago, TheVFM said:

I just joined and see people only views and no replies.  This is a forum for old movie buffs to interact as well as people who loves movies.  Let's start talking instead of lurking.  You go on a soap opera boards and people are chatting all the time.  TCM should be the same. I would love to meet a person who loves and appreciate the old movie era.  Been a buff for decades and very knowledgeable.  Let's start talking.

You originally posted this in the Announcements section, which doesn't allow responses. The film discussions happen in the other message board sections, such as General Discussions, which is where this has been moved to.

Welcome to the boards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eeh! I'm tired of talkin' about old movies around here. I wanna talk 'bout somethin' else for a while.

Saaay, how about motorcycles? Yeah, let's talk motorcycles for change, okay?!

So, have you ridden one of those new Ducati models???

;)

(...sorry, couldn't resist...and yeah, like Lawrence just said, welcome to the boards)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheVFM said:

There are over 27.200 threads here at General Discussions. Jump in.

VFM stands for Value for Money.  Think poster is on the wrong website. :wacko:

(or some troll is playing us for fools :angry:)

51oYdl0nnDL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dargo said:

Eeh! I'm tired of talkin' about old movies around here. I wanna talk 'bout somethin' else for a while.

;)

(...sorry, couldn't resist...and yeah, like Lawrence just said, welcome to the boards)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So far the poster has only 1 post. Doesn't seem to be interested with interacting, talking. :wacko::lol:

• Haha 1

The only conversation I see taking place in this thread is talking about talking. 

Come on OP, offer up a subject. 

To quote Lucy Ricardo on the art of conversation:

"You say something, then I say something, then you say something..."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheVFM said:

Willkommen to the board. :) 

1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

The only conversation I see taking place in this thread is talking about talking. 

Come on OP, offer up a subject. 

To quote Lucy Ricardo on the art of conversation:

"You say something, then I say something, then you say something..."

Ah yes, but I assume NOT like in one of the Lucy and Ricky's European vacation episodes and when all the various characters must translate from English to Spanish to German to French and back again, right Speedy?!

(...'cause somethin' like THAT around here could get very confusing, ya know) ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dargo said:

;)

I'm following a podcast about Harley Davidson

https://wondery.com/shows/business-wars/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dargo said:

Ah yes, but I assume NOT like in one of the Lucy and Ricky's European vacation episodes and when all the various characters must translate from English to Spanish to German to French and back again, right Speedy?!

(...'cause somethin' like THAT around here could get very confusing, ya know) ;)

To quote the German, French, and Spanish gentlemen:

::shrugs shoulders::

Was really only kiddin' about the whole motorcycle thing at first here, BUT seein' as how it's kind'a taken off...

And then for those who remember a certain short-lived late-'60s Michael Parks starring TV program and his Top 40 hit recording of its closing credits theme song...

On 9/3/2019 at 8:59 PM, TheVFM said:

Well, don't blame me, I have been doing nothing today but posting on TCM. Apart from great sex, this is a hell of a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.....with a glass of single Malt Scotch