spence

TO MY PALS OUT THERE IN TCM LAND< DESPERATELY NEED ANY/AL TIPS AGAIN ON INSTALLING AN VATAR?

45 posts in this topic

Yes, I got suggestions in the past a couple of times of just being somehow (seems childish, cause virtually all can do it? & I can't paste either)   

Plus, I;ve had 4 saved for about a year in favs   SO PLEASE HEP ME BREAK IT DOWN SLOWLY WHERE YOU CAN & I THAK YOU?)

TCM used to have a topic on just how to install an avatar/photo, but removed it fir some reason?

AGAN, TopBilled,etc any tips???

WJAT HAPPENED, NO TIPS HIS TIME?   Among very first time fellow TCM-ITE'S SNUBBED SOMETHING OR SOMEONE NEEDING ASSISTANCE?

In the top right hand corner of the screen is your username. Click on your username. A little menu comes down. Press Profile (the first option). One of the things at the top of the profile is your username all in caps. To the left is a box where an image would be. In the lower left hand corner of that box is a little symbol. Click on it. it should have a little box pop up. Go with upload photo. Should be a little green box below that saying choose single file. If you have any photos saved on your computer, they will pop up and you can choose which one you want to use. After you select it, crop it as you wish and press confirm.

• Like 1

This is really hard to do with my tablet. Hope it works.

This is near the bottom of page #3 in the Stickies thread How do I add a photo. Posted by slaytonf.

http://forums.tcm.com/topic/78404-how-do-i-add-a-photo/?do=findComment&amp;comment=1705288

I am posting this as a link intentionally. It has images. This should help you spence.

Nowadays, its really helpful to have a kid, nephew or some young person nearby to help with things like this. Its not easy to be helpful online.

I do it for my older brother. My cousin does it for my uncle. The new technology can give you a headache if you're new to it.

18 hours ago, spence said:

TopBilled,etc any tips???

Sorry Spence...I was away for most of the day and did not see your thread till now.

Use the link provided by The Keeper. That should help!

• Like 1

If someone can teach Spence, maybe even I could learn!! I believe I've tried to add an avatar three times in my 11 years on here but have each time been rejected to half court. Someone suggested all the files I've been trying to use are too big. I'll click on this link above and see what I can learn.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

If someone can teach Spence, maybe even I could learn!! I believe I've tried to add an avatar three times in my 11 years on here but have each time been rejected to half court. Someone suggested all the files I've been trying to use are too big. I'll click on this link above and see what I can learn.

Give me an idea of the avatar you are looking for. Maybe I can find a smaller version of it ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Sorry Spence...I was away for most of the day and did not see your thread till now.

Use the link provided by The Keeper. That should help!

where exactly is The keeper though, in 18yrs I don't recall it?  

Just now, spence said:

where exactly is The keeper though, in 18yrs I don't recall it?  

The Keeper is one of your fellow TCM posters. Scroll up to find their post in this thread.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GGGGerald said:

Give me an idea of the avatar you are looking for. Maybe I can find a smaller version of it ?

It's just a picture-(normal size) of THE GREAT: SPENER TRACY I have it saved in favs for months now   Cool Woody Strode-(l9l3-94) shot  my all-time favorite motion picture score!!!

1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

The Keeper is one of your fellow TCM posters. Scroll up to find their post in this thread.

found him, will give it a go again and thanx

• Thanks 1

is it a lot easier just to add an avatar from this great site vs another photo elsewhere?

Had reg size image of TRACY in BLACK ROCK

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GGGGerald said:

Thanks, I will try to think of one!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Once again, I thank you  Yeah, I just punched in Avatars of either*SINATRA, MADONNA, NATALIE WOOD but settled on *TRACY as JOHN J. McCreedy in BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK

(P.S. On that note, just recalled that had a famous fight scene too & coulda went with the & topic of HOLLYWOOD & BOXING) (TRIVIA: He liked to try and do things in real time & like *Sinatra no retakes,etc & both insisted on leaving the set at 5pm only. So that famous scene where he walks down the street to the motel was the first time *Borgnine & *Lee Marvin had seen him in person, it added to the tension. in a superb must have docu first aired on PBS in '86 *Lee says he didn't know he was that good until then)

just checke'd it out again and regular size for it, not enlarged is  (2048 X 1586 jpeg)?

8 hours ago, GGGGerald said:

B& W image (close up of only his face) with his fedora from Black Rock, regular size is listed below, if this helps thiugh-(need it) It is (2048 x 1556 jpeg)

Bet it's easier to translate.add pix from here, huh

Is there a way I can send exact AVATARS into here, or someone?  Because as you computer buffs know virtually all have forward, sent,etc  Somekind of links,etc  PLEASE ALSO LET ME KNOW?

19 hours ago, CinemaInternational said:

In the top right hand corner of the screen is your username. Click on your username. A little menu comes down. Press Profile (the first option). One of the things at the top of the profile is your username all in caps. To the left is a box where an image would be. In the lower left hand corner of that box is a little symbol. Click on it. it should have a little box pop up. Go with upload photo. Should be a little green box below that saying choose single file. If you have any photos saved on your computer, they will pop up and you can choose which one you want to use. After you select it, crop it as you wish and press confirm.

as usual you fans are the best of classic cinema!

I located same image, but smaller at 1195 x 1600

3 minutes ago, spence said:

as usual you fans are the best of classic cinema!

I located same image, but smaller at 1195 x 1600

somewhat getting there, do I pull said avatar from my photos section?

13 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

I get that "too big" nonsense regardless of HOW small the image I try to post in a thread is.

Sepiatone

35 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

I get that "too big" nonsense regardless of HOW small the image I try to post in a thread is.

Sepiatone

I don't know the exact limit, but recall it is a little over 100 KB for the avatar. The sizes spence has in mind are probably much too big. JPG images typically are smaller than other image formats. There are plenty of ways to make images smaller and change format.

22 hours ago, CinemaInternational said:

don't you mean let hand corner where I only have a large S?  It appears the major dilemma is pulling a photo onto here though? I did get a little as you directed so far  VERY FRUSTRATING   FACEBOOK immediately outs shots of there, for mine is a shot of myself looking like Bugs Moran or Mickey Cohen & THE RAT PACK!

really wanted this, feel out of the loop VS you fans

3 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

It is of THE GREAT: SPENCER TRACY (l900-67) with fedora on from BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK & offers various sizes

As I already write I need a link to someone just to send image on, please help

Sometimes I wish that could take over some of your accounts, as it would take me less than 30 seconds to search for an image, copy'n'paste the URL, and then hit save. I've been reading some of you complaining for years that you can't figure this avatar thing out. If I can do it, anyone can, as I'm an idiot in general and especially so in tech matters.

• Like 1