spence

TO MY PALS OUT THERE IN TCM LAND< DESPERATELY NEED ANY/AL TIPS AGAIN ON INSTALLING AN VATAR?

45 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Sometimes I wish that could take over some of your accounts, as it would take me less than 30 seconds to search for an image, copy'n'paste the URL, and then hit save. I've been reading some of you complaining for years that you can't figure this avatar thing out. If I can do it, anyone can, as I'm an idiot in general and especially so in tech matters.

I know, this is my main trouble

15 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Sorry Spence...I was away for most of the day and did not see your thread till now.

Use the link provided by The Keeper. That should help!

Top, is there a link you can send, I'll only use it to send said photo/avatar?  Just let me know either way please

I forget, you didn't go the *Lawrence... did you, not this time  How about Nov 1-4 & *GFII? They end the series with When Harry Met sally... (l989) what do you think of it, Alien & Glory (l989)?

8 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Sometimes I wish that could take over some of your accounts, as it would take me less than 30 seconds to search for an image, copy'n'paste the URL, and then hit save. I've been reading some of you complaining for years that you can't figure this avatar thing out. If I can do it, anyone can, as I'm an idiot in general and especially so in tech matters.

There is an old saying from my radio days: "No brains - No headaches." Old DJs can be pretty lame. I've had plenty of ID 10 T errors.

Okay, seriously. Spence could change his password and PM it to you. You could fix his avatar. Then he could change his password again.

I do believe if anyone here can be trusted in this, it would be you LawrenceA.

@spence Is this the image you want to use for your avatar?

I normally don't do this, but knowing how much you struggle with the forums I am willing to upload one for you. Either this one or another.

tracy_spencer_bad_day_at_black_rock_62251l.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TCMModerator1 said:

I normally don't do this, but knowing how much you struggle with the forums I am willing to upload one for you. Either this one or another.

PLEASE! DO IT, AND DO IT NOW!!!! SPENCE MAY NEVER SEE THIS POST, SO JUST GO AHEAD AND DO IT!:lol::o

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

PLEASE! DO IT, AND DO IT NOW!!!! SPENCE MAY NEVER SEE THIS POST, SO JUST GO AHEAD AND DO IT!:lol::o

WOW BUDDY,  YOU DID IT PERFECTLY & EVEN THE PERFECT IMAGE FROM BLACK ROCK!

THANK YOU & HOW EXACTLY DO I GET THIS TO BE MY PERMANENT TCM AVATAR, BECASE YOU COULDN'T HAVE DON' A BETTER JOB!

(P.S. among my movie memorabelia I also own 3 hats-(not including baseball), 1 is an offically signed *SINATRA BLACK FED0RA-(you can see him hanging it up on a microphone once in awhile, can't have a white band down here ion FL of course)

& a Newsboy Irish Cap & a *Spencer Tracy Fedora, not like this one but almost identical to the 1 he wore in Guess Who's Coming to Dinner  His favorite fir 26yrs & *Kate gave it to *Henry Fonda on the set of On Golden Pond

THANX AGAIN & WILL SAVE & ATTEMPT TO MOE IT TO AN AVATAR

By the way do you have any personal favorite pix of his out of (74)

23 hours ago, The Keeper said:

Here you go spence:

spencer-tracy-baddayblackrock2.jpg.eaf92796d90578ec10653959491dfead.jpg

thank you as well   your the best group on the net and I cover some sports, most notably boxing

13 hours ago, TCMModerator1 said:

thank you too

Spence, TCMModerator1 is offering to post an avatar for you. Not sure if you noticed that. Just say the word and you have a new avatar. Scroll back up this page to TCMModerator1's post.

On 9/7/2019 at 12:28 PM, LawrenceA said:

Well ... I wish you were here to actually do that, because I've done exactly what you say on multiple occasions, and I always get some message saying it doesn't work. 

52 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Well ... I wish you were here to actually do that, because I've done exactly what you say on multiple occasions, and I always get some message saying it doesn't work. 

Yeah, I really don't mean my comments to come across as insulting, although I can see where the one you quoted may be seen that way. I really am surprised when people can't do things that I have no trouble with, given my numerous shortcomings. I assumed for a while that people may be using different types of computers (Apple vs PC), or a different operating system, or a different browser, or something that would explain it (I'm using a Windows laptop and Chrome browser, which seems to horrify most techies). I know you're a sharp person, sewhite, based on your past posts, so when I seem surprised that you can't post an avatar, it's based on all of the above.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

No, the moderator set it up for you. 

I'm happy also.    Hopefully TCM shows Hot Spell soon so we can 'close out' another item!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Yeah, I really don't mean my comments to come across as insulting, although I can see where the one you quoted may be seen that way. I really am surprised when people can't do things that I have no trouble with, given my numerous shortcomings. I assumed for a while that people may be using different types of computers (Apple vs PC), or a different operating system, or a different browser, or something that would explain it (I'm using a Windows laptop and Chrome browser, which seems to horrify most techies). I know you're a sharp person, sewhite, based on your past posts, so when I seem surprised that you can't post an avatar, it's based on all of the above.

Posting an avatar should not be difficult. Editing a photo you want to use might not be so easy. The photo I did for spence was originally rectangular and 150 KB. I uploaded the image to an online photo editor and created a square image. It saved at 67 KB.

The closer an image is to square, the better. My "The Keeper" avatar is 130 KB and slips under the maximum. Barely!

My desktop is Windows 10 and Chrome is my favorite browser. Linux and I don't get along. It is too complex for me. I have not used Mac OS in years, but find it superior to Windows!! But there is the cost and I have shallow pockets.