Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Jon Voight wikipedia page

44 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2019 at 3:41 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Do you remember when Jon Voight and James Woods were good working actors?

I wonder if they're extremely jealous of Al Pacino, and Robert De Niro because they're still working and still wanted by the movie audience.

But truth be told, Voight and Woods were never as great as Al Pacino and Robert De Niro or Dustin Hoffman. And their best roles were really just backing those actors up.

Sometimes the whole thing just boils down into jealousy.

de Niro and pacino have no difficulties because they are liberal.

conservatives need not apply and liberals claim to be the very epitome of tolerance.

:lol:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, laffite said:

You mean he's a vampire too !!!???

:o

///

Only if he's the kind of vampire that needs wood and lead to sustain him

instead of blood. :)

4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

conservatives need not apply and liberals claim to be the very epitome of tolerance.

They have no difficulties because they're better actors and more in the public demand.

The only thing that matters is the audience because they're paying the money. The audience votes.

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

They have no difficulties because they're better actors and more in the public demand.

The only thing that matters is the audience because they're paying the money. The audience votes.

Voight's not a good actor???

Voight and woods are finished in Hollywood because of their politics.

it is the liberal version of blacklisting courtesy of a bunch of hypocrites who now practice gleefully what they spent decades villainizing.

maybe what they were really upset about all along is that their sympathies ever came out at all in the first place so they had to insist that sympathy was never there in the first place...

or maybe it was.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:44 PM, LawrenceA said:

Voight was one of my favorites of the 1970's. He was terrific in Midnight CowboyCatch-22DeliveranceConrack, and Coming Home. His performance in Runaway Train was perhaps my favorite of his, but it seemed to take something out of him, and he struggled for a long time afterward, both professionally and personally. He's said to have had some sort of "spiritual awakening", which may be publicist-spin for getting clean/sober. He started making a comeback in the mid-90's with character roles, and as lavenderblue mentioned, he's found great success on television in the past decade. 

Despite disagreeing with his politics, he's still one of the actors whose work I'm trying to see all of, even if there are a lot of bad flicks in there. But the same is true of Pacino and De Niro, two of my all-time favorites, but who have appeared in a lot of terrible crap in the past 15-20 years (with a few highlights along the way). 

James Woods, on the other hand, actually seems to have trouble finding work now. He's another actor that I try to see all of his work, but his personality is such that he seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way. I've read that since his brother died, with whom he was very close and spoke to on a daily basis, his temper has gotten out of control and has basically gotten him blackballed in the industry.

Back when the messy James Woods/ Sean Young affair made the tabloids it seemed most people sided  with Woods; Sean Young was considered the unstable one.  Ever since Woods has come out with his ridiculous rantings, it makes me wonder if he didn’t have more of this incipient craziness contributing to this mess.

19 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

Voight's not a good actor???

Voight and woods are finished in Hollywood because of their politics.

it is the liberal version of blacklisting courtesy of a bunch of hypocrites who now practice gleefully what they spent decades villainizing.

maybe what they were really upset about all along is that their sympathies ever came out at all in the first place so they had to insist that sympathy was never there in the first place...

or maybe it was.

There was a point where he just disappeared in Show Business. He made a comeback thanks to Jane Fonda, so maybe you ought to be thanking her right now.

But I don't think he ever had a career Juggernaut like The Godfather I and 2. I can go on and on, for the kind of careers that Pacino and De Niro had, well.....

10 hours ago, Arturo said:

Back when the messy James Woods/ Sean Young affair made the tabloids it seemed most people sided  with Woods; Sean Young was considered the unstable one.  Ever since Woods has come out with his ridiculous rantings, it makes me wonder if he didn’t have more of this incipient craziness contributing to this mess.

Yeah, I wonder now........

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Hey nip, you may like the new Joker movie because de Niro's character gets killed in it. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

Hey nip, you may like the new Joker movie because de Niro's character gets killed in it. 

Thanks for the spoiler.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

John Voight's slavish worship of Donald Trump points to a seriously addled mind.  He has completely lost all sense of reality.  Sad really.  Good job no one here on the boards is that far gone.  :lol:

• Haha 2

On 9/12/2019 at 9:17 AM, Bogie56 said:

John Voight's slavish worship of Donald Trump points to a seriously addled mind.  He has completely lost all sense of reality.  Sad really.  Good job no one here on the boards is that far gone.  :lol:

as opposed to the slavish deification of his holiness...blessings and peace be upon him...barack Obama.

"Obama was a great president." -joe biden

Image result for holy obama

18 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

as opposed to the slavish deification of his holiness...blessings and peace be upon him...barack Obama.

Blessings and peace be upon him? Now that's not a dog whistle from a poster, is it?

No wonder you love the guy who got into politics by questioning Obama's birth place.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Blessings and peace be upon him? Now that's not a dog whistle from a poster, is it?

No wonder you love the guy who got into politics by questioning Obama's birth place.

Nipkow is parroting Rush Limbaugh, as he often does.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

Nipkow is parroting Rush Limbaugh, as he often does.

Bird brains like to parrot.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Not the same at all.  I didn't think he was that great a president but now in comparison to Trump, yes, he is like a diety.

9 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Not the same at all.  I didn't think he was that great a president but now in comparison to Trump, yes, he is like a diety.

Neither Nipkow or you know how many Americans had an over-the-top feeling of devotion \ hero worship towards Obama.

I do agree that compared to Trump,  Obama is The Beatles,  while Trump is not even a one-hit-wonder!

16 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Neither Nipkow or you know how many Americans had an over-the-top feeling of devotion \ hero worship towards Obama.

I do agree that compared to Trump,  Obama is The Beatles,  while Trump is not even a one-hit-wonder!

Weaker people are drawn to herd mentality. Obama is hardly the only person to be treated like that though. Trump is much worse with that.