spence

Never pd attention to this area, I reckon' it's very political

11 posts in this topic

Yes, in all my yrs on TCM I never even looked in on chit chat  Obviously a lotta politics here, huh

In that case & the pc crowd doesn't jump in, I'm not really a fan of Trump, but he will win & by a ton 75 o 80%

My candidate for finest U.S. President in my lifetime was & still is  Ronald Reagan-(l9ll-2004)

Matter of fact I was speaking on the phone with the *Tracy family, actually the housekeeper, because simultaneously it was on tv & they were in line w/Mickey Rooney-l920-2014) who they hated by the way

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Get ready to be attacked by all the people who "liked you" in the general forum. All you have to say is Ronald Reagan and they have the hair stand up on their necks and make stuff up about him. Some of the Trump threads have the same tactics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

Get ready to be attacked by all the people who "liked you" in the general forum. All you have to say is Ronald Reagan and they have the hair stand up on their necks and make stuff up about him. Some of the Trump threads have the same tactics.

That's just in my 54 yrs of life  I've voted for president 9 times to date. My choices all-time finest president's though are>FDR-(though thought Churchill was brilliant), Lincoln & then Reagan with JFK making the 4th slot

(P.S. Have you ever seen a kinda running topic I've posed titled All the President's Movies? Each president starting with FDR & each one's favs in motion pictures?)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hamradio said:

You reckon? :lol:

yep, as the legendary *Cooper woulda put it & *Eastwood later

15 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

Yes, this is the politics only section and nothing else. Have fun. :) :lol: 

It's not all about politics, but you may have to scan through a couple of pages to find other good topics.  

I don't recall, but I think it became far more political when Trump came on the scene.

• Thanks 1

No one has to make up bad things about Ronnie. The truth is bad enough. I remember when

politics was pretty much off limits in the Off Topic Chit-Chat section. Then it suddenly became

alright to post about political subjects. I've always wondered why that changed. I think it was

just a matter of getting increased views.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Vautrin said:

No one has to make up bad things about Ronnie. The truth is bad enough. I remember when

politics was pretty much off limits in the Off Topic Chit-Chat section. Then it suddenly became

alright to post about political subjects. I've always wondered why that changed. I think it was

just a matter of getting increased views.

I think it was in order to keep people from politicizing the other forums, such as General Discussions.  It gave the moderators a place to "dump" all the political arguments.  Most website forums have an Off Topic section specifically for this reason.

No one has to make up bad things about Ronnie [Reagan]. The truth is bad enough.  Agree 100%.

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

I think it was in order to keep people from politicizing the other forums, such as General Discussions.  It gave the moderators a place to "dump" all the political arguments.  Most website forums have an Off Topic section specifically for this reason.

No one has to make up bad things about Ronnie [Reagan]. The truth is bad enough.  Agree 100%.

The 2007 Jane Fonda thread meltdown was the best case. Posted an example HERE and changed posters names to John Doe1, 2 but the mods removed it. Stated it was ONLY a sample plus had no profanity. Should give some idea how bad it was.

7 hours ago, TheCid said:

That was probably part of it, but for a fairly long time politics was a forbidden subject in the

Off Topics thread, then that seemed to change overnight.