JakeHolman

Judy Garland: The fragile woman behind the legend

18 posts in this topic

A tough Judy Garland would had shove that broom up the old witches hind quarters.

Took the F3 tornado on, chucking a whisky bottle into it and say Here, have a drink.

;)

20 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

You don't say!  :o OH!  That's right......

You DON'T! :rolleyes:

The internet is full of frightened, lazy people :ph34r: who can only regurgitate others' words. Oops, did I just say that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Did Zellwigger have to learn how to yodel for her new movie about JUDY CANOVA? She looks just like her!

Zellweger will be on Colbert's show (and I'm sure one of Jake's favorites...LOL) tonight pluggin' her new movie here.

7 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

The internet is full of frightened, lazy people :ph34r: who can only regurgitate others' words. Oops, did I just say that?

i-know-nothing-rhbfpk.jpg

• Haha 2

i will always remember judy garland for this ... goes back to childhood ... when we only had tv and 3 networks ...

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 11:31 AM, JakeHolman said:

To Jake, have you seen the bio yet  I'm set to go to it on the 1st  She may not win a 2nd Oscar for it though, Cynthuia Erivu in Harriet may take it

8 hours ago, spence said:

Cynthuia Erivu in Harriet maitake it

Otto changed "may take it" to an exotic mushroom?

maitake-mushroom-growing-Kits-174x174.jp

We're all going to have to start reading phonetically. Sheesh, auto-everything is pretty stupid.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

i will always remember judy garland for this ... goes back to childhood ... when we only had tv and 3 networks ...

Well, NYAH! :P

Until UHF started picking up and increasing stations, and you didn't need to pay extra for a TV set with UHF reception,  we had FOUR networks in the greater Detroit area.  With it's extremely tall broadcasting tower, Windsor, Ontario's CKLW( it'sCBC outlet) could be picked up by millions in Southeast Michigan.  

Oh, and by the way....  I'm of the opinion that Judy OWNED that song!  All other versions are left far behind in her dust. I've watched TWOO every year since the first television broadcast, and every year since she died I CRY every time she sings it.  And not ashamed to admit it.  

Sepiatone

• Like 2

NY Times wasn't terribly impressed and said Zellwigger plays Judy as a panicked hummingbird.

17 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

So, you are older than PBS? 😎

I saw this movie in color for the first time on CED video disc, in the early 1980s. I seem to recall it would show on a Sunday night, where my bedtime had to be extended. Don't remember what network or if it was the same each year. I don't watch when it is on TCM.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Somnambula said:

So, you are older than PBS? 😎

I saw this movie in color for the first time on CED video disc, in the early 1980s. I seem to recall it would show on a Sunday night, where my bedtime had to be extended. Don't remember what network or if it was the same each year. I don't watch when it is on TCM.

Would this be because and contrary to TCM's ad copy of "Uncut and commercial free", TCM always cuts out the famed "Jitterbug" scene and never shows that part???

(...well, they never SHOW that part anyway, RIGHT???!!!) ;)

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, UMO1982 said:

NY Times wasn't terribly impressed and said Zellwigger plays Judy as a panicked hummingbird.

Heh! Critics.  Go figure....

The critic in today's Detroit Free Press called Zellweger's performance "magic."  :huh:

Guess when it finally gets to OnDemand I'll have to find out for myself.  ;) 

Sepiatone