Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Somnambula

Every Disney movie, TV show available day one on Disney+

11 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, yanceycravat said:

No Song of the South though so picking nits by saying not every movie is available!  😀

While I agree, it is a list of everything they have planned for day one.

Doctor Doolittle?  I'm guessing it's the Eddie Murphy version.  😞

For a second, thought they were actually going to start becoming creative with that library of Fox classics they spent so much to get.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

Not many from Disney's experimental early 80s phase I see.....

They seem to have lost the rights to many of the Silver Screen Partners movies that were distributed by Touchstone/Hollywood, except for a few they wanted to keep Disney-branded when they caught on.
So while we can see Arachnophobia and Pretty Woman, I'd give up hope of seeing Big Business or Outrageous Fortune.

3 hours ago, yanceycravat said:

No Song of the South though so picking nits by saying not every movie is available!  😀

I think the idea is to encourage new customers to join. Not chase potential customers away.

49 minutes ago, GGGGerald said:

I think the idea is to encourage new customers to join. Not chase potential customers away.

Anyone who doesn't know the Disney company, their history, their characters, etc. by now has been living under a rock on a remote island. The name Disney already has an unflappable, stalwart fan base. And that's without the Star Wars franchise.

TCM regularly shows movies depicting famous actors in blackface and other early 20th century stereotypes. Always giving them context when doing so. I'd be curious to know how many classic film fans have steadfastly refuse to watch TCM for that reason. Turn the channel, possibly, but certainly not refuse watching the channel altogether.

I highly doubt a single film, screened in proper context, would alter Disney's viewership in the slightest.

• Like 2

A lot of the movies listed are too twee for my tastes, though I would watch The Black Cauldron.  I wish they would have included more of the old live action films, though you cannot go wrong with The Ugly Dachshund. Most of the films I'd want to see, I already own, so it's not a big deal.  I wish they'd include Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land, perhaps the only math-related thing that I've ever liked. I wonder if they'll feature any of the material that is on the "Walt Disney Treasures" collections. I'd love to see the Disney WWII propaganda cartoons again.

I'm more excited about the cartoon offerings--looks like the entire line up of the early-1990s Disney Afternoon is featured. Including my personal favorites: Gargoyles and Darkwing Duck, LET'S GET DANGEROUS. I could do without all the 1990s/2000s Disney Channel drivel. I have no nostalgia for that stuff at all. In the 1990s, I was too busy watching the nighttime soaps on FOX and Nick at Nite. 

11 hours ago, HoldenIsHere said:

What?

No NORTH AVENUE IRREGULARS?

hqdefault.jpg

neat. cloris leachman doing an agnes moorehead impression.

:)