Sign in to follow this  
yanceycravat

Karger Wrap-up confusion

7 posts in this topic

After YOUNG MR. LINCOLN, TCM aired a Karger wrap-up for a Shirley MacLaine film from last month. A couple of weeks ago they neglected to air the Karger Wrap-up for THE BLACK SWAN.

Who's doing the QC?

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, yanceycravat said:

After YOUNG MR. LINCOLN, TCM aired a Karger wrap-up for a Shirley MacLaine from last month. A couple of weeks ago they neglected to air the Karger Wrap-up for THE BLACK SWAN.

Who's doing the QC?

Nobody else has commented on this yet. Do TCM viewers not care about quality control?

Makes you wonder if the intros aren't just a bunch of background noise for most of the viewers.

Maybe it says too much about me that I care about this stuff. I know I feel very proprietary toward TCM. Again most likely too much to be considered normal. 😀

14 minutes ago, yanceycravat said:

Makes you wonder if the intros aren't just a bunch of background noise for most of the viewers.

Maybe it says too much about me that I care about this stuff. I know I feel very proprietary toward TCM. Again most likely too much to be considered normal. 😀

Maybe they are fast-forwarding through the intros when they have DVR'd the films.

I agree with your point of view that the wraparounds should be as accurate as possible. 

Thanks Yancey for pointing this out.  I looked at WatchTCM for Young Mr. Lincoln and even there the wrap-up is incorrect.  Another funny thing is that Dave Karger's sportcoat matches for the intro and the other wrap-up.  I thought they would at least change the wardrobe for intros in a different month. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, yanceycravat said:

After YOUNG MR. LINCOLN, TCM aired a Karger wrap-up for a Shirley MacLaine film from last month.

That is because Shirley MacLaine was Abraham Lincoln in one of her past lives.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, yanceycravat said:

I usually think of them as a last chance to fill my coffee cup or hit the head.  ;)  (Yeah, you read that right.... COFFEE , not WINE! B) ).

Sepiatone

• Haha 1