TomJH

CNN Poll: Support for impeaching Trump rises among independents and Republicans

12 posts in this topic

WASHINGTON (CNN)Americans are about evenly split over impeaching President Donald Trump and removing him from office, as support for that move has risen among independents and Republicans, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS after the announcement of a formal impeachment inquiry by House Democrats last week.

The change since May has largely come among independents and Republicans. About three-quarters of Democrats favor impeaching Trump and removing him from office, roughly the same as in May, while among independents, support for impeachment and removal has risen 11 points to 46% among independents and 8 points to 14% among Republicans.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics/cnn-poll-impeachment-ukraine/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New CBS poll:

55 percent of Americans -- a solid majority -- approve of the decision to open an impeachment inquiry.

And a plurality, 42-36, say Trump deserves to be impeached over the Ukraine matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

never gonna happen' maybe the impeachment like Clinton but that is it

53 minutes ago, spence said:

never gonna happen' maybe the impeachment like Clinton but that is it

Another badge of honour for ole bonespurs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Another badge of honour for ole bonespurs.

Bogie56,  do you also despise Trump or not?

I just think of the Alternetive

I'll be 55 on November the 8th & this will be my 10th time voting for pres I mean next year) & never stick to 1 party but the person running

Personally being a history buff, besides film & Boxing my candidates for he all-time finest U.S. President's to date are>

1. FDR-(l882-l945)

2. Lincoln (l809-l965) though he even had his flaws, example is the god awful 1864 NYC/hell's Kitchen draft riots!!!

3. Ronald Reagan (l9ll-2004)

4. JFK (l9l7-63) the only in office 2yrs & 10 months-(about same time as Trump), he did do some amazing things, most notably the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis,etc

& The Worst:

1st place Andrew Johnson-(not Jackson)

2. James Buchanan

3. Millard Fillmore

4. Franklin Pierce

many easily vote Grant among them, I don't yet know enough

5th LBJ-(he loathed blacks,etc but got them the draft so of course all would vote for him & they obviously did  He was just pandering)

ANYONE GOT ANY?

Even turns out vs history that Washington was a bit of a bastard   Concerning his own slaves & such

12 hours ago, spence said:

Bogie56,  do you also despise Trump or not?

I just think of the Alternetive

I'll be 55 on November the 8th & this will be my 10th time voting for pres I mean next year) & never stick to 1 party but the person running

Personally being a history buff, besides film & Boxing my candidates for he all-time finest U.S. President's to date are>

1. FDR-(l882-l945)

2. Lincoln (l809-l965) though he even had his flaws, example is the god awful 1864 NYC/hell's Kitchen draft riots!!!

3. Ronald Reagan (l9ll-2004)

4. JFK (l9l7-63) the only in office 2yrs & 10 months-(about same time as Trump), he did do some amazing things, most notably the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis,etc

& The Worst:

1st place Andrew Johnson-(not Jackson)

2. James Buchanan

3. Millard Fillmore

4. Franklin Pierce

many easily vote Grant among them, I don't yet know enough

5th LBJ-(he loathed blacks,etc but got them the draft so of course all would vote for him & they obviously did  He was just pandering)

ANYONE GOT ANY?

Even turns out vs history that Washington was a bit of a bastard   Concerning his own slaves & such

Interesting.

Voted in 13 presidential elections and actually worked in 1964 one (but too young to vote).  Trump has already been ranked by experts as worst president in history.  

I place LBJ in top ten because of what he accomplished (most experts do as well).  If not for Vietnam, he would have accomplished much more.  He may have "loathed the blacks," but he damn sure put them on road to equal rights.  JFK didn't.  JFK did do very well with Cuban missile crisis, but part of credit goes to Kruschev being rationale enough to back down.  He actually accomplished very little otherwise.  He postponed civil rights and many other issues "until after re-election."  He may not have done it then.  He was inspirational though.

I place Ronald Reagan in the bottom half.  I still recall the Reagan Recession that sank GWH Bush's re-election campaigns.  Not to mention the whole Iran-Contra affair and the huge increases in useless defense spending that we are still crippled with.

I will agree that FDR and Lincoln rank in top two, but not sure which is which.  Washington probably was not the greatest, but definitely in the top five.  If for no other reason than he decided two terms were enough for a president.  He also was the man charged with insuring that the government set up by the Constitution actually came about.  He also put down the Whiskey Rebellion which could have been the undoing of the nation as we know it.

I dislike Reagan for his support of gun control but don't think he is the worst. Trump's constant lying, flip-flopping and stupidity easily make him one of the worst, if not the worst president. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

I dislike Reagan for his support of gun control but don't think he is the worst. Trump's constant lying, flip-flopping and stupidity easily make him one of the worst, if not the worst president. 

Mo Way, the worst were president's most never even heard of>

Andrew Johnson-(not Jackson)

James Buchanan

Millard Fillmore & Franklin Pierce, most include Grant, but I don't know enough to personally say

By the way Rhapsody In Blue easily must rank among the all-time greats!

12 hours ago, spence said:

Mo Way, the worst were president's most never even heard of>

Andrew Johnson-(not Jackson)

James Buchanan

Millard Fillmore & Franklin Pierce, most include Grant, but I don't know enough to personally say

By the way Rhapsody In Blue easily must rank among the all-time greats!

The worst presidents were the ones who did damage to America and democracy, so the ones nobody ever heard of would not necessarily be the worst.

• Like 1

Economist/YouGov Poll:
should House try to impeach Trump? 50% yes 39% no

if House impeaches, should Senate remove Trump from office? 51% yes 39% no
3:00 PM · Oct 4, 2019

4 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Economist/YouGov Poll:
should House try to impeach Trump? 50% yes 39% no

if House impeaches, should Senate remove Trump from office? 51% yes 39% no
3:00 PM · Oct 4, 2019

Both The Economist and YouGov are BRITISH organizations.  YouGov obtains its polling data from a limited group of people it has created.

22 hours ago, TheCid said:

Both The Economist and YouGov are BRITISH organizations.  YouGov obtains its polling data from a limited group of people it has created.

yeah, the senate GOP scared to death by voters into removing trump.

:lol: