Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Photo casts doubt on Joe Biden's claim he never discussed son's Ukraine dealings with him

31 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

As a former caddy I don't find it hard to believe at all.  They're usually too busy bragging about how much they make, or sexual liaisons or what they shot on the previous hole. And even if they did discuss Biden's son's position, it doesn't prove any corruption took place at any time.  Biden using his political position as leverage to help his kid get a job isn't illegal.  Hell, even I got my job at GM because my Dad "bribed" a foreman he knew with a 5th of Scotch.  I suppose that makes both my Dad and the foreman corrupt, eh?  As long as Biden didn't promise any federal tax dollars or other U.S. taxpayer incentives I fail to see where any "corruption" took place. 

Sepiatone

I agree with your take here;  My point still is that rarely should a politician say nothing was discussed.  Nothing is a very low-bar.   I.e. NOTHING.

So instead my advice is for pols to add some spin,  since if anything was discussed,  regardless of how innocence it was,   that isn't NOTHING.

(but the best advise is just avoid any public events that could create the appearance of a conflict).

As Cid loves to say;  politics is mostly perception. 

It’s the old “Whatoboutism” from the Donald Trump playbook:  muddy the waters about accusations about you and turn it on someone else.  Trump is the most corrupt person ever to win the WH, but this strategy worked for Trump in 2016 in accusing Hillary Clinton of corruption, and then muddying everything about the Mueller investigation, and now with these latest accusations, TO WHICH TRUMP HAS ADMITTED.  Another debunked story that lives on in the feverish machinations of the minds of Trump, his minions in the WH and at Fox News and other Alt Right purveyors of the Real  Fake News.

Unfortunately the Trump base is not smart enough to see through it, or if they do, they don’t care.....As long as billionaires continues to get tax cuts, extreme right wing judges continue to get placed on federal benches, children continue to be locked up in cages, the Administration continues to remove safeguards against unfettered predatory loan and banking policies, the water we drink , the food we eat, the air we breathe, continues to empower white supremacists and other racists, continues to do the bidding of Wayne LaPierre and Vladimir Putin and other autocrats, and continues to violate the Constitution and the separation of powers, and continues to enrich himself and his family. 

Never mind that Trump’s policies have hurt manufacturing, his trade wars may tank the economy, wages are stagnant, Mexico won’t pay for the wall, health care costs are skyrocketing, the opioid crisis and gun violence are rampant, climate change is accelerating, the nuclear race has been unleashed.......as long as billionaires continue to get tax cuts......

3 minutes ago, Arturo said:

It’s the old “Whatoboutism” from the Donald Trump playbook:  muddy the waters about accusations about you and turn it on someone else.

As Lindsey likes to say a nothing-burger!

But hey,  Trump doesn't have much else to work with other then trying to pile dirt on Joe.

• Like 2

BTW JAMES--- That's "advice" with a "c".  ;) 

And too, about "distraction" or "deflaction" if you will, there still are some( I was one early on) who think the whole "Desert Shield"/"Desert Storm" conflict was started in the attempt of GHW BUSH to draw attention from his son Neil's involvement with CHARLES KEATING and the '80's savings and loan scandal. Notice when the investigation got to mentioning Neil's name, G.H.W. started crying about Iraqi soldiers marching into Kawait hospital maternity wards and throwing newborn babies on the floor and stomping on them.  Something that never actually happened, but he sent the military over there anyway.  

That sort of "sleight of word"( what I call it) is customary of both right and left politicians.

Sepiatone

Thank goodness no one would troll that photo here.

• Haha 1