Sign in to follow this  
longshot2

Ghost Movie - solved

2 posts in this topic

Any ideas on this movie -

A female reporter or student gets lost or her car breaks down near a town with a mysterious past history. There is some history of the town dying off and coming back when clock chimes ring.

The inn she checks into has an innkeeper but things she see are not really there disappear - like the fire in the fireplace, dancers at a party, and the inn keeper who shows her to her room.

There is an underground tunnel beneath her bedroom where the reporter wanders down and get taken by a cult or something. 

I believe her brother and boyfriend find the town and look for her and the end of the movie includes a church, an old priest, and ghost coming up from the cemetery. They do escape I believe. 

That is the movie - thanks. 

18 minutes ago, longshot2 said:

Any ideas on this movie -

A female reporter or student gets lost or her car breaks down near a town with a mysterious past history. There is some history of the town dying off and coming back when clock chimes ring.

The inn she checks into has an innkeeper but things she see are not really there disappear - like the fire in the fireplace, dancers at a party, and the inn keeper who shows her to her room.

There is an underground tunnel beneath her bedroom where the reporter wanders down and get taken by a cult or something. 

I believe her brother and boyfriend find the town and look for her and the end of the movie includes a church, an old priest, and ghost coming up from the cemetery. They do escape I believe. 

Sounds like Horror Hotel aka The City of the Dead (1960)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_City_of_the_Dead_(film)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053719/?ref_=nv_sr_3?ref_=nv_sr_3

• Thanks 1