spence

THE JOKER sad, depressing, haunting & tremendous

64 posts in this topic

Batman vs Superman was the epitome of all that is wrong with these comic book movies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

always love this jazz, great for putting it on, but people are to analytical  for this film and now it's turned into a political; football

On 10/5/2019 at 11:16 AM, NipkowDisc said:

didn't know the political correctists have now made the flash a woman. notice how they hafta put the militant female superhero WW right out in front?

does she even know that she's standing with others?

:lol:

Affleck cheated unlike m. keaton and others and used steroids big time for this role

5 minutes ago, spence said:

always love this jazz, great for putting it on, but people are to analytical  for this film and now it's turned into a political; football

To Gershwin, found out these guys are on youtube, but how much & exactly when please?

& is it really called IT'S IN THE BAG?    thanx

Wwill also certainly be up for Best Make-Up, though-(not to give too  much away) it's the 2nd half when he applies his own true make-up  However, I bet Judy & maybe The Irishman-(due to the anti-aging) may also be in there, only 3 in that race  Though that can be attributed to Visuals instead

who knows they pull some off the wall stuff & very poss one of the comic books like End Game may be in the 3rd slot?

Mr. Leonard Maltin hated this movie, but admits his wife loved it

But he's right it's pretty much an official prequel to The other Joker roles to come, even-(again, not to divuge) there's a millionaire he swears is s father named WAYNE, as in Bruce wayne  whch is this character's son's name in the film & about the same age.  So,though very dfferent, it kinda sets things up

*De Niro should get more credit here, it's as if Rupert Pupkin made it 35yrs later & turned out to be a total jerk instead

Feels like a *Scorsese picture to, in my view anyway I felt that about quarter of the way in

& think it's strong $93m weekend is due to it's word of mouth bleakness  I predicted at least $120m opening

Still very strong medicine

Michael Moore's review of the Joker. He links it to the current problems Americans face.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

Michael Moore's review of the Joker. He links it to the current problems Americans face.

I agree=(rarely) with Michael on it being a masterpiece, but think he's overstating the fact that it's the main problem destroying this country  Some displays it though

He also outright & vocally predicted Hillary Clinton would win in a landslide over Trump

• Like 2

Also do not agree 100% to take your teens to this, should be 20 & up!

I went to Moore's docu's & some are great, but rarely agree  Did love his admiration for Ralph Nadar though

To Gershwin fan, is this from another suite or does he read us here?

He did indeed write a good long pc though, no matter the subject  If Mr. Moore reads us on here, what was MADONNA like when you met her by the way?

5 hours ago, spence said:

I agree=(rarely) with Michael on it being a masterpiece, but think he's overstating the fact that it's the main problem destroying this country  Some displays it though

He also outright & vocally predicted Hillary Clinton would win in a landslide over Trump

I agree with you that he talks about Trump too much but I agree with him at the end of the review where he mentions the movie is about people with mental illness and how society treats them and then brings up real instances like Columbine. Overall, I agreed with what he said.

On 10/7/2019 at 8:49 PM, Gershwin fan said:

That is simply not true. He predicted a Trump win.https://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/

Note that this was a statement by Spence, not Gershwin fan.