Sign in to follow this  
jaragon

" It Chapter 2"

4 posts in this topic

I just saw "It Chapter Two" which I did not like as much as the first movie for various reasons.

The film opens with a very disturbing attack on a gay couple which is thematically linked  to Pennywise the evil monster which takes the shape of a clown. Pennywise can be read as a pedophile serial killer.  He kills both boys and girls but seems to have a predilection for boys.  The heroes of the film are the Looser Club- who confronted the monster in the first movie. In this version of the novel one of the adult member of the club turns out to be gay.  This is not the in the Stephen King novel.  The characters gay reveal is shown in a flash back but is never really brought up again until the end.  He never has any romantic moments on screen- he is one of those gay non gay characters. And I really found the gay bashing scene too disturbingly real

Do you think they were trying to suggest he had become gay because he had been victimized by a pedophile? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Do you think they were trying to suggest he had become gay because he had been victimized by a pedophile? 

Not at all

• Thanks 1