Sign in to follow this  
hamradio

Draft evasion

82 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Who the hell cares anyway?  Live and let live.  

Exactly.

I'd also like to point out that a what-about-ism thread on Bernie Sanders registering as a conscientious objector somehow morphed into Immanuel Kant and the immorality of gay-wedding cakes. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

"Homosex IS an action" is an opinion which I disagree with.  And in any event what is the problem that you have with it?  Who the hell cares anyway?  Live and let live.  

Sex is an action (behavior) so both homosex and hetrosex are actions.

What is NOT an action is sexual-orientation.   Sexual-orientation is folly and a made-up social construct.

One isn't born-this-way since one isn't this-way,  period.  There is no 'way';   

That being my POV,  I agree 'who the hell cares anyway?".        Some do and they need to grow-up and get over it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Exactly.

I'd also like to point out that a what-about-ism thread on Bernie Sanders registering as a conscientious objector somehow morphed into Immanuel Kant and the immorality of gay-wedding cakes. :lol:

As far as Conscientious Objection, someone like Desmond Doss who actually helped his country as a medic could hardly be described as immoral. To me, it is only immoral if your country is in clear and urgent danger and you refuse to help at all (WWII as an example). I don't really think Sanders fell under that though.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

The genetic component is not dominant though (8 to 25 percent?). Even if it were entirely genetic, it does not make it moral. Pedophiles try to rationalize what they do as being "just how my brain is wired." You could say the same of a lot of criminals that what they do is because their brains are just wired that way.

You're really lost...

And people have the right to oppose it and hopefully it will be overturned one day.

Pedophilia is against the law for good reason.  Homosexuality is no longer illegal in the U.S.  So any sexual acts between two Consenting Adults is very different, and treated very differently, by the law.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Pedophilia is against the law for good reason.  Homosexuality is no longer illegal in the U.S.  So any sexual acts between two Consenting Adults is very different, and treated very differently, by the law.

Uhhh... Okay. I never claimed it was against the law. The law is irrelevant to the Categorical Imperative.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

As far as Conscientious Objection, someone like Desmond Doss who actually helped his country as a medic could hardly be described as immoral. To me, it is only immoral if your country is in clear and urgent danger and you refuse to help at all (WWII as an example). I don't really think Sanders fell under that though.

Back to the draft topic.  Did you ever serve in the military?  If so, when and what doing?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

Back to the draft topic.  Did you ever serve in the military?  If so, when and what doing?  Thanks.

I mistyped. I meant Desmond Doss was MORAL. I was on my phone. I agree he was moral. Also no, I am not medically eligible 

• Thanks 1