Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Ellen DeGeneres explains hanging out with her friend George W. Bush

13 posts in this topic

Ellen DeGeneres explains hanging out with her friend George W. Bush

Ellen DeGeneres will not be Twitter-shamed for who she spends time with.

The daytime-talk-show-host-turned-media-mogul used the platform late Monday night to discuss hanging out with former President George W. Bush this weekend at a Dallas Cowboys football game.

There was a bit of an uproar when the pair were spotted -- accompanied by Bush's wife Laura and Degeneres' wife, actress Portia de Rossi -- in a stadium suite enjoying the Cowboys taking on the Green Bay Packers on Sunday (the Cowboys lost, btw) in Dallas.

DeGeneres used her Twitter account to address the controversy, tweeting a video of her almost 4 minute-long monologue talking about it on her show.

Noting that it is normally not unusual for a celeb to attend a sporting event, it was a big deal for her to be seen there because, she joked, "I never leave my house."

"So Portia and I were invited by Charlotte Jones," DeGeneres said. "She's the daughter of Jerry Jones who owns the Dallas Cowboys. And we went because we wanted to keep up with the Joneses."

She then showed the audience a video she had taken at the game which showed her sitting with President Bush.

DeGeneres then joked about rooting for the Packers since she is friends with their quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, and cheering every time they scored "or every time another whistleblower came forward. "

"The referees, you guys, the referees," she told her laughing audience.

ellen-degeneres-naast-bush-in-skybox-ame

Very funny, I wish I had a dollar for every time they cried over him.

• Haha 1

How times have changed;  Here we have a former Republican President hanging out with a married lesbian couple, and in Texas! 

25 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

How times have changed;  Here we have a former Republican President hanging out with a married lesbian couple, and in Texas! 

Ever heard opposites attract? ;)

It’s just seems that Bush, for all his lies and war crimes, seems NORMAL compared to the Orange Abomination in the White House!  Trump is a FIRST CLASS LIAR AND CRIMINAL!

5 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Trump is a FIRST CLASS LIAR [...]!

I don't know. I'd think a first class liar would be one who is convincing. Trump always seems like he's full of ****. Now maybe first class pathological liar, that I could go with, as he seems to be incapable of controlling himself.

• Like 1

Despite his performance as President, I get the strong impression that George W. is a grounded nice guy. Political differences or not, the Obamas like him. And he sure was classy and gracious at the time of his Dad's funeral.

• Like 1

Ellen is mostly about $$$, so why the big surprise. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2019 at 11:38 AM, jamesjazzguitar said:

she's from texas.

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

A lot of rich people eat at the same trough.

True. And former presidents don't seem as bad as they were when they were in office.

At least there's the good news of the Cowboys losing.