Sign in to follow this  
spence

Actor Brendan Gleeson set to portray Donald Trump

30 posts in this topic

This will likely be a tv movie, not certain yet & only saw it yesterday but the terrific Irish actor Brendan Gleeson may play the president Donald Trump  soon.

He's a lot bigger than Trump, but I could see it, look at *Crowe as Roger Ailes  & Gleeson has been in many films Gangs of New York, the General, In Bruge-(misspelled) & a lot more

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Alec Baldwin wasn't available? :P

The promos for Comedy Central's roast has been making fun of Baldwin's recent career-stall:
"Hey, I was in 'Hunt For Red October' and 'Glengarry Glenn Ross'!"
"Really?  You played Trump in those, too?"  😛

But yes, I assumed it would have to be TV/Cable, since the one pro-Trump movie we got tanked in theaters ("Death of a Nation"), and the one anti-Trump movie we got tanked in theaters ("Fahrenheit 11/9").  Maybe we just, y'know, don't want to see him on screen at ALL, and just pretend the last three years never happened?

Brendan Gleeson is quite good at playing lunatics.

• Haha 1

Brendan Gleeson looks like an Obi-Wan Kenobi in some Star Wars story.

3216.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=forma

This is how Tom Hanks would look if he put on those 50 pounds. :P

bren-11-390x285.jpg

PANews_P-b55a8d67-bf1b-4fe2-a51a-35a6116

12 hours ago, EricJ said:

But yes, I assumed it would have to be TV/Cable, since the one pro-Trump movie we got tanked in theaters ("Death of a Nation"), and the one anti-Trump movie we got tanked in theaters ("Fahrenheit 11/9").  Maybe we just, y'know, don't want to see him on screen at ALL, and just pretend the last three years never happened?

How about just a plain look at the guy instead of emotionally charged propaganda for either side?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

How about just a plain look at the guy instead of emotionally charged propaganda for either side?

I posted about this movie a few days ago in the Off Topics. It's going to be a TV mini-series based on James Comey's book. Comey is the main character, and will be played by Jeff Daniels. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

A 'plain look at the guy' would likely be viewed as charged propaganda by either side.

Hey,  I like the idea,  but my gut tells me that most people wouldn't since most are emotionally charged-up when it comes to this guy.

33 minutes ago, Roy Cronin said:

Some people here just can not control themselves.

Was this meant for me?

1 minute ago, LawrenceA said:

Was this meant for me?

I think he was referring to Eric J's comment about the movies already made about Trump.

1 minute ago, Roy Cronin said:

No.

Man, nobody ever gets me nothin'.

I wasn't sure, as the sentiment could apply to more than a few in the thread. And I actually did break one of my own rules by posting here earlier.

8 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I wasn't sure, as the sentiment could apply to more than a few in the thread. And I actually did break one of my own rules by posting here earlier.

I decided to stay out of Off-Topics after venturing in a while back and I wish some comments and topics would remain there, not here (not you.)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Larry, I will give you something that's a great Avatar. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

A 'plain look at the guy' would likely be viewed as charged propaganda by either side.

Hey,  I like the idea,  but my gut tells me that most people wouldn't since most are emotionally charged-up when it comes to this guy.

A 'plain look" would be very boring compared to the real thing we see every day.

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

If you get it, go to the doctor and get rid of it.

36 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Larry, I will give you something that's a great Avatar.

Wondering how you would look with a hat.

is the movie gonna show how scared sheetless comey was to even be in the same room with trump?

:lol:

5 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

How about watching him clown around in his own fantasy world on a "reality" show for nine years?  Think we still got a good idea from that.

7 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I posted about this movie a few days ago in the Off Topics. It's going to be a TV mini-series based on James Comey's book. Comey is the main character, and will be played by Jeff Daniels. 

Have a feeling this thread will eventually wind up there.

Today he abandoned a group of people, the Kurds, who helped us defeat Isis. Who knows what's next !  Alaska take note... he might sell you back to the Russians.

• Like 1