Sign in to follow this  
sewhite2000

The 20 Worst Films of 2012

8 posts in this topic

Let's jump back in the time machine to the very recent past. There's also a list on AV Club of the best films of that year, but I thought this one was more interesting. I go to movies all the time, and I actually saw three of these movies and was vaguely aware of most of the others but had pretty much forgotten all of them. 

https://film.avclub.com/the-worst-films-of-2012-1798236977

Silent House is the only I saw, I thought it was OK. I like Elizabeth Olsen and it was better than most modern horror films.

My pick for the worst of 2012 is Dark Shadows, Tim Burton's unfunny comedy version of the classic Gothic soap opera. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, Silent House was one of the three I saw, and I agree it was above par for the genre as it currently stands. I thought surely there more "deserving" films to be in the bottom 20.

I also saw Dark Shadows and was pretty underwhelmed. 

• Like 1

From their list, I've seen Hyde Park On HudsonThat's My BoyThis Means WarAlex CrossUnderworld: AwakeningAssassin's BulletPiranha 3DDThe Magic of Belle Isle, and Silent House.

Silent House doesn't belong on the list. Neither does Hyde Park On Hudson. Most of the others were just mediocre, but not so bad as to be extraordinary. I would say the worst were Piranha, Assassin's Bullet and Alex Cross.

My choices for worst of the year, out of the 240 titles that I've seen, and restricted to theatrical releases:

1. Shark Week
  2. Awesome Killer Audition
  3. Fetish Dolls Die Laughing
  4. Monsters in the Woods
  5. True Bloodthirst
  6. Gallowwalkers
  7. The Devil Inside
  8. Alien Uprising
  9. Assassin's Bullet
  10. Piranha 3DD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I knew that Lawrence wouldn't disappoint with this list.

I of course haven't seen any of them, but in fact have only heard of one, Hyde Park.  Which I think I remember had some possible Oscar nomination buzz for Bill Murray early on?

My vote would go for Fetih 1453. Terrible CGI-laden movie with hammy acting and pro-Ottoman propaganda (like most films from the region).

Just look at that fake fire. :lol: 

2 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

From their list, I've seen Hyde Park On HudsonThat's My BoyThis Means WarAlex CrossUnderworld: AwakeningAssassin's BulletPiranha 3DDThe Magic of Belle Isle, and Silent House.

Silent House doesn't belong on the list. Neither does Hyde Park On Hudson. Most of the others were just mediocre, but not so bad as to be extraordinary. I would say the worst were Piranha, Assassin's Bullet and Alex Cross.

My choices for worst of the year, out of the 240 titles that I've seen, and restricted to theatrical releases:

1. Shark Week
  2. Awesome Killer Audition
  3. Fetish Dolls Die Laughing
  4. Monsters in the Woods
  5. True Bloodthirst
  6. Gallowwalkers
  7. The Devil Inside
  8. Alien Uprising
  9. Assassin's Bullet
  10. Piranha 3DD

Is Shark Week based on the annual Discovery Channel programming that was ruined because it became popular and trendy? Or were you just really disappointed in Discovery's 2012 Shark Week spectacle?

• Haha 1

Just now, speedracer5 said:

Is Shark Week based on the annual Discovery Channel programming that was ruined because it became popular and trendy? Or were you just really disappointed in Discovery's 2012 Shark Week spectacle?

No, it was an extremely cheap and dumb movie that showed up on SyFy Channel back when they were on a kick of killer creature movies. I'm astonished that it had any kind of theatrical release. IMDb doesn't label it as a made-for-TV movie or a direct-to-video movie, yet no theatrical release dates are listed, either. It starred Yancy Butler and Patrick Bergin, both looking awful. I gave it a rare 1/10 score.

MV5BNjMyODAyNjcyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTM0

Shark+Week+Yancy+Butler.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1