Sign in to follow this  
spence

To TopBilled or anyone, where is Jakeem?

23 posts in this topic

I know Jakeem always covers the annual film awards, but they start next week, is he off these boards?

• Confused 1

Wait, what? Didn't he (?) recently just come back? And multiple posters let him know how happy they were for his return. My gosh, I disappeared for four months earlier this year, and not one person asked about my absence or reacted much, if at all, to my returned presence until I begged for it.

But yes, it appears he's here.

• Like 1

He seems to have recently returned. He started a thread 3 hours ago.

Look for this thread:

Final trailer for new "Star Wars" film to air tonight on Monday Night Football

(Here in General Discussions)

• Like 1

Just in time as well New York Critics I think are Nov 3rd

To Jakeem, see you are back, when you can can you post the annual film awards dates-(pre Oscars)?

Lost my list

He already did, spence. :)

⬇ 

⬇ 

2 hours ago, sagebrush said:

He already did, spence. :)

⬇ 

⬇ 

thanx

18 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

Wait, what? Didn't he (?) recently just come back? And multiple posters let him know how happy they were for his return. My gosh, I disappeared for four months earlier this year, and not one person asked about my absence or reacted much, if at all, to my returned presence until I begged for it.

But yes, it appears he's here.

LOL. I'll remember next time!

• Thanks 1

He is back.  Unfortunately he has again monopolized the Off Topic thread Trump's Biggest Whoppers with his massive postings of things from other websites.

And yes, I do have him on Ignore because of it.  I also told him this.

3 hours ago, TheCid said:

He is back.  Unfortunately he has again monopolized the Off Topic thread Trump's Biggest Whoppers with his massive postings of things from other websites.

And yes, I do have him on Ignore because of it.  I also told him this.

Yes. Constant url postings......Also have him on ignore.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hibi said:

LOL. I'll remember next time!

Thanks, I hope there won't be a next time. My Wifi and TV were cut off for delinquent payment, and because my equipment was so old, they wouldn't let me back on until i came and got their newest cable box and remote (I was aparently grandfathered in to use the decade-old- equipment, but once they determined I was no longer a current customer, they shut it off and wouldn't let me get back on with it). The only two locations in my area are at least 15 miles away from me, and I had to work out a time I could go by one (I could have had the equipment mailed to me, but I was a bit leery about that). I rarely travel with my laptop, which doesn't fare well under the sweltering outdoor heat around here (usually I can take it to my parents' house at Christmas without risking meltdown), and I don't know how to log in to this site on my phone, so while I continued to read posts on here, I couldn't log in (I have all that information stored on my laptop, but I don't know what it is). Anyway, I was unable to post on here for one day shy of four months. When I got back on, I saw no "Hey, whatever happened to ...?" thread, but maybe your absence has to be longer than that before someone notices. I continue to struggle with my cable/internet payments, which are exorbitant. They shut me off again for delinquent payment this month, thought thankfully I got back on in just six days. And I'm already worried about next month ...

5 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

When I got back on, I saw no "Hey, whatever happened to ...?" thread, but maybe your absence has to be longer than that before someone notices. I continue to struggle with my cable/internet payments, which are exorbitant. They shut me off again for delinquent payment this month, thought thankfully I got back on in just six days. And I'm already worried about next month ...

Hey, I mentioned that I noticed your absence. You had stated something about setting a goal this year of posting about one movie a day in the "I Just Watched" thread, and then you disappeared a few days later. I noticed! But I didn't start a thread about it...:(

• Thanks 1

Yes, I remember that, Lawrence. You commented on that after I made my return announcement, but I only thought about it after I clicked "Send". Apologies.

Assuming I can stay connected, I"ve been thinking about trying to post on all the movies I watch in 2020. Sorry my 2019 effort ran aground after not even one month.

On my phone (iPhone) I use the Safari browser to access the boards. I just type in forums.tcm.com and logged in with my username and password.  A mobile version of the site will appear.  I haven't figured out how to post images on the boards using my phone. I also don't bother with special formatting (bold, italics, etc.) because the buttons are hard to hit using my phone.  I'll use quotations instead.  My other issue with the mobile site is that the screen doesn't automatically scroll back to the left when typing.  The mobile site is good for lurking.

Alas, I don't know what my username and password are. I've been on these boards for 11 years and long ago forgotten that information. But they're apparently saved on my laptop because all I have to do is go to the message boards, and I"m already logged in. I'm afraid to have to ask for a new password so I could get in on my phone, because then my laptop password would no longer be valid. I've read some nightmare stories on here about people getting new passwords and then not being able to log in again for years. Maybe they aren't typical cases, but if it happened to just a handful of us, it would probably happen to me!

2 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Alas, I don't know what my username and password are. I've been on these boards for 11 years and long ago forgotten that information. But they're apparently saved on my laptop because all I have to do is go to the message boards, and I"m already logged in. I'm afraid to have to ask for a new password so I could get in on my phone, because then my laptop password would no longer be valid. I've read some nightmare stories on here about people getting new passwords and then not being able to log in again for years. Maybe they aren't typical cases, but if it happened to just a handful of us, it would probably happen to me!

In your internet settings on your browser you should be able to view a list of all the usernames and passwords saved on your computer. 

22 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Yes, I remember that, Lawrence. You commented on that after I made my return announcement, but I only thought about it after I clicked "Send". Apologies.

Assuming I can stay connected, I"ve been thinking about trying to post on all the movies I watch in 2020. Sorry my 2019 effort ran aground after not even one month.

I didn't know you back then well enough to notice, but i'll notice if there's a next time!

12 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

SHEESH. I have to log in every time I come on the boards......

It's no big deal, keeps me from forgetting my password.

• Like 1

I use an Amazon tablet and my primary browser is Opera. It can default to desktop mode, versus mobile, and can be set to word wrap automatically when I zoom. If I zoom while typing here, it word wraps as well. I clear my browser every few days, meaning I have to log back in. Finally figured out how to spell my name properly.