Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

the democrat impeachment lynching scam

27 posts in this topic

if it's not a scam than why the closed door hearings???

:huh:

somethin ain't kosher.

high end political melodrama far beyond the capabilities of a millennial and generation x catering weakened Hollywood...

and just one of many things tcm refuses to show.

:D

the stinkin democrats have decided to oust trump and lock the people out of it, the skunks!

the stinkin republicans have long decided to glorify trump over country and lock the people out of it, the skunks!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

if it's not a scam than why the closed door hearings???

:huh:

somethin ain't kosher.

high end political melodrama far beyond the capabilities of a millennial and generation x catering weakened Hollywood...

and just one of many things tcm refuses to show.

They show "Advise and Consent" and it's a much better movie anyway, starring JFK's brother-in-law and ex- fiancee.

43 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

the stinkin democrats have decided to oust trump and lock the people out of it, the skunks!

My guess is that Trump wants closed door hearings.    So I'm surprised this is what the Dems are doing since, in the past, most of the hearings related to Trump's conduct or that of his staff, have been circus shows that offer little,  if, nothing of value to the general public.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

My guess is that Trump wants closed door hearings.    So I'm surprised this is what the Dems are doing since, in the past, most of the hearings related to Trump's conduct or that of his staff, have been circus shows that offer little,  if, nothing of value to the general public.

They are closed doors for two reasons.  A, to make it more difficult for witnesses to co-ordinate stories or be influenced by other testimony; and b) to curtail the inevitable circus show if it is televised live.

They plan on releasing the transcripts and to have further public hearings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, laffite said:

the stinkin republicans have long decided to glorify trump over country and lock the people out of it, the skunks!

fine but if the democrats cannot oust trump legally or legitimately they shouldn't try.

they can't invoke the law and then throw it out the window.

30 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

They are closed doors for two reasons.  A, to make it more difficult for witnesses to co-ordinate stories or be influenced by other testimony; and b) to curtail the inevitable circus show if it is televised live.

They plan on releasing the transcripts and to have further public hearings.

I hear you;  As for the 1st reason;   These witnesses will just rent suites in a Trump hotel that has been debugged,  enter from a secret entrance,  and thus co-ordinate their stories.    I.e. they learned something from the very open meeting with Russians in Trump Towers!  (or maybe not since this is a group of dummies).

As for #2;  I'm thankful for that.    

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I hear you;  As for the 1st reason;   These witnesses will just rent suites in a Trump hotel that has been debugged,  enter from a secret entrance,  and thus co-ordinate their stories.    I.e. they learned something from the very open meeting with Russians in Trump Towers!  (or maybe not since this is a group of dummies).

As for #2;  I'm thankful for that.    

The witnesses so far have been "friendly" or co-operating for the most part.  The ones that they wish to keep this testimony secret from are the Trump inner circle who will probably never testify anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

They show "Advise and Consent" and it's a much better movie anyway, starring JFK's brother-in-law and ex- fiancee.

BS. jason Robards as Richard Monckton is a hoot and why can't tcm show it...

it was made in Hollywood by liberals like everything else they churn out. the last time I saw this great miniseries was on A&E.

tcm cheapskates just doan wanna pay to get it.

and nothing composed in Hollywood could match the percussive genius of Dominic Frontiere.

1 minute ago, NipkowDisc said:

BS. jason Robards as Richard Monckton is a hoot and why can't tcm show it...

it was made in Hollywood by liberals like everything else they churn out. the last time I saw this great miniseries was on A&E.

tcm cheapskates just doan wanna pay to get it.

"All the Presidents Men " stars Jason Robards and he's good in that one.

And I can remember they showed "The Best Man" too with Cliff Robertson and Henry Fonda.

But I just love Charles Laughton in "Advise and Consent" , pretending to be a southern senator oh, that was a lot of fun.

tcm keeps showing the same political sheet over and over without adding anything new...

they could show Robert Conrad in Will: G. Gordon Liddy but they hide behind not showing TV shows with all the liberal political lemmings on this site backing them up.

so be satisfied with seven days in may, advise and consent, the best man and all the president's man forever???

HS!

No movie or TV show could ever beat Watergate:Dick Nixon, The Final GFY.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

fine but if the democrats cannot oust trump legally or legitimately they shouldn't try.

...but it's okay for Trump to be illegal and illegitimate ? And besides that, the impeachment process is both legal and legitimate. There is good reason (as already noted here) for behind closed doors in this case. How many doors does Trump hide behind? He won't even release his income tax returns. ///

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

tcm keeps showing the same political sheet over and over without adding anything new...

they could show Robert Conrad in Will: G. Gordon Liddy but they hide behind not showing TV shows with all the liberal political lemmings on this site backing them up.

so be satisfied with seven days in may, advise and consent, the best man and all the president's man forever???

HS!

Do you even have the channel anymore? You can't watch it anyways.

• Haha 3

Things are looking so bad perhaps it is time for Giuliani, Pompeo, Pence, Perry and the rest to testify and tell their side of the story!  :lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Things are looking so bad perhaps it is time for Giuliani, Pompeo, Pence, Perry and the rest to testify and tell their side of the story!  :lol::lol::lol:

They are behind closed doors coordinating their lies :lol: .

29 minutes ago, laffite said:

...but it's okay for Trump to be illegal and illegitimate ? And besides that, the impeachment process is both legal and legitimate. There is good reason (as already noted here) for behind closed doors in this case. How many doors does Trump hide behind? He won't even release his income tax returns. ///

I don't understand why you appear to be playing Nipkows silly 'game' here:   Nothing about the process so far (e.g. closed door hearings) has been 'illegal' (and illegitimate,,,  that concept doesn't even come into play),  expect maybe the comments Adam Schiff made that were factually incorrect (but like Trump Schiff can claim sloppiness instead of lying).

47 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't understand why you appear to be playing Nipkows silly 'game' here:   Nothing about the process so far (e.g. closed door hearings) has been 'illegal' (and illegitimate,,,  that concept doesn't even come into play),  expect maybe the comments Adam Schiff made that were factually incorrect (but like Trump Schiff can claim sloppiness instead of lying).

Schiff's comments were not "factually" incorrect.  He just added some color in his description - which he probably regrets because he is a pretty straight shooter.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Have you ever responded to a post of his? Perhaps you haven't, or at least not lately, not sure. Maybe you have already forsworn the practice, since to merely respond to a post might be considered to be playing his game. If, however, it is possible to respond and be invulnerable to the charge of playing his game, then it would be through a mild and gentle rebuke and be done with it. I plead guilty to that. It's more akin to a kibbitz than to a "game." What I won't do is what I just saw on either here or another thread just today is the attempt to actually try to reason with him at length. I have learned that Nipkowdisc thrives on this and will pounce on it with glee at every opportunity, it's the game he loves. The post in question was lengthy and replete with nuance and with the purpose to persuade. Without casting aspersions on Nipkowdisc' character (this is not so much about him personally as it about the Right), it is a complete waste of time to add grey (nuance) to any picture that will be shown to those who only see black and white. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Schiff's comments were not "factually" incorrect.  He just added some color in his description - which he probably regrets because he is a pretty straight shooter.

I think it was just a little bit more then "added some color" but yea,  since he is a "pretty straight shooter" I was surprised he would be so sloppy and thus give Trump nut jobs an opening,  however tiny, with regards to their silly deep-state,  witch-hunt,  and now lynching POV.    

PS:  I found the above out last weekend talking to a Trump nut job.  Every time I would try to get them to focus on the facts of the Ukraine phone call, based on Trump admin officials' own comments \ release of info,,,, this nut would just bring up Schiff and those comments.     

1 hour ago, laffite said:

Have you ever responded to a post of his? Perhaps you haven't, or at least not lately, not sure. Maybe you have already forsworn the practice, since to merely respond to a post might be considered to be playing his game. If, however, it is possible to respond and be invulnerable to the charge of playing his game, then it would be through a mild and gentle rebuke and be done with it. I plead guilty to that. It's more akin to a kibbitz than to a "game." What I won't do is what I just saw on either here or another thread just today is the attempt to actually try to reason with him at length. I have learned that Nipkowdisc thrives on this and will pounce on it with glee at every opportunity, it's the game he loves. The post in question was lengthy and replete with nuance and with the purpose to persuade. Without casting aspersions on Nipkowdisc' character (this is not so much about him personally as it about the Right), it is a complete waste of time to add grey (nuance) to any picture that will be shown to those who only see black and white. 

I hear you;  I guess I just lost interested in all 'games' for a while,,,,  and you're one of the only persons at this forum that know why that is!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I think it was just a little bit more then "added some color" but yea,  since he is a "pretty straight shooter" I was surprised he would be so sloppy and thus give Trump nut jobs an opening,  however tiny, with regards to their silly deep-state,  witch-hunt,  and now lynching POV.    

PS:  I found the above out last weekend talking to a Trump nut job.  Every time I would try to get them to focus on the facts of the Ukraine phone call, based on Trump admin officials' own comments \ release of info,,,, this nut would just bring up Schiff and those comments.     

"It's not lying, it's just adding a bit of color" :lol: I have to remember that one.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

"It's not lying, it's just adding a bit of color" :lol: I have to remember that one.

Hey,  you argue that one with Bogie56!