Candace irwin

Information , please

2 posts in this topic

Who is in charge what movies to be aired ...  how many times  are they showing “ A Place in the Sun” repeating shows like they do on HBO, 

let me rephrase  what I. Meant by Ted Turner I thought when he set up TCM is  for a variety of  classic is that what Turner   Classic Movies stand for. 

2 hours ago, Candace irwin said:

Who is in charge what movies to be aired ...  how many times  are they showing “ A Place in the Sun” repeating shows like they do on HBO, 

let me rephrase  what I. Meant by Ted Turner I thought when he set up TCM is  for a variety of  classic is that what Turner   Classic Movies stand for. 

The TCM "programmers" determine what films get leased and therefore what films TCM shows (as well as how often).

The 'issue' of too-many-repeats has been debated at this forum since,,, well,   this forum was created.

I love TCM since they tend to show mostly American studio-era films,  'uncut \ unedited',   but yea,  the repeats,,,, just too many.    (especially A Place in the Sun which just aired less than a week or so ago).

PS:  TCM airs North by Northwest more then any other film.    (I believe Casablanca is #2).

• Thanks 1