Sign in to follow this  
audreyforever

Show More Shorts

8 posts in this topic

TCM has such a wide variety of shorts to play during the day (Joe McDoakes, Laurel and Hardy, Bobby Jones etc.) they should be playing more shorts. It's just another way of feeling how life was back in the 30's, 40's, and 50's.

If you like silent shorts keep an eye out on their Silent Sunday night offerings as they on occasion show a series of Keaton or Chase or Lloyd shorts in the spot. You can get three or four at a time.

The other side is with those typically running about 20 minutes if you get too many in a time it will take away from the feature film time.

Mostly I'm glad they are listed in the schedule now on this site. That was not always the case and we would often miss them. No more.

I don't always catch the ones that show up with the silents, but I should try and watch more of those, too.

Sometimes, it might mean recording a movie I've already recorded before, but if the short is a good one, it would be worth it.

They should have a page in the Now Playing Guide that tells you the shorts on this month, and show Cartoons also! They haven't showed many Festival of Shorts recently, either.