Sign in to follow this  
metz44

what a character

254 posts in this topic

its lana against the world...you are correct as usual...seems you are the only one interested enough to play this game

the one i remember him in is "one way passage" with kay francis and wm powell...a real classic..have you seen it????

When I?m lucky enough to know them, I play. But, I don?t know everyone by sight, only maybe by name or reputation (like Christian Rub.) A lot of times I?m away from the computer, and when I come back I see someone I would have known (like Porter Hall, who was in THE PETRIFIED FOREST and was great in MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET as the psychiatrist.) Yes, I love ONE WAY PASSAGE; it?s my favorite of the movies they made together.

I'm here too. Watching mostly. I remember the faces - bad with names. Yes, One Way Passage and Jewel Robbery are two favorites of mine also. Kay Francis seems to emit an aura in the presence of William Powell. Very good chemistry there.

Sometimes when I know who they are, but I see that the picture has just been posted, I decide to wait a while to give others a chance to at least see the pictures and take a guess. This was the case with the recent pictures of Christian Rub, Edgar Norton, Ian Wolfe, and Warren Hymer.

Like musicalnovelty, I too sometimes don?t answer (or play) on any of these threads just to wait a while and see what happens, unless I really feel compelled to answer, as I have just recently.

three members posting with interesting remarks..thanks for playing this game!

here is one for today

py09m7k0qotsvhaf5yxi.gif

> {quote:title=metz44 wrote:}{quote}

> three members posting with interesting remarks..thanks for playing this game!

>

> here is one for today

> py09m7k0qotsvhaf5yxi.gif

Frank Conroy, as I also indicated on page 1 of this thread.

cant find your posting on "page one of thread"

however you have the answer ...frank conroy

here is one for today

xplww4skafowe5zfwcf7.jpg

> {quote:title=metz44 wrote:}{quote}

> cant find your posting on "page one of thread"

> however you have the answer ...frank conroy

> here is one for today

> xplww4skafowe5zfwcf7.jpg

Well, it's actually on page 2 of this thread since it has gotten longer. Your first picture of Conroy is no longer there, and many of your previous photos are gone as well. As for the current picture, I think you posted it in the "what movie is this picture from" thread.

i do not remember any film wher edgar dearing was anything but a motorcycle cop

from the silent days with laurel and hardy well into the sound era

try this one

5h3b9qh4825lk5ml6dyq.jpg

Fran Orth also played the memorable, but inept chief of police, Captain Tweedy, in the Nancy Drew series with Bonita Granville at Warner Bros. in the late 30's.

That's what I think too. He was in a slew of movies, including IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME where Judy Garland sang to him lyrics to a song he was going to buy. He was the doctor asked to sign the certificate to put Teddy away in ARSENIC AND OLD LACE, I think.

Message was edited by: allaboutlana