Sign in to follow this  
JackFavell

Our Favorite Brunettes

1,846 posts in this topic

I'm glad,CinemAva, since she is your namesake, and I happen to have found a few more pics of her:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

i love, love, love, love, love that low-back dress she's wearing...i don't even care what the front looks like, i want that dress so bad......

I thought maybe it was from One Touch of Venus, but I couldn't find any more photos of it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Edited by: JackFavell on Nov 12, 2010 6:21 PM

I just found this fantastic picture and I had to post it! Thanks Goddess for leading me to it.

Is it true that dogs start to look like their owners? Ramon Novarro and friend:

Photobucket

There was a hilarious episode of "CAR 54, WHERE ARE YOU?" that guest starred Alice Ghostley. Her character kept saying how in love she was with Ramon Novarro.

He was gorgeous, wasn't he.

Oh...and his little dog too!

No doubt Freddie, was a veddy veddy cutie pie. But still, my two all-time favorites are young Gene Reynolds, and Scotty Beckett (especially in his Little Rascals days.

P.S. The pix you posted over in the Frank Grimes Torture Thread of Jean Arthur, especially the one in her pajamas, are great.

Oooh, they are both cutie pies!

That is really funny, Maven, I liked that photo the very best out of all the ones there - I was trying to post sexy (even though I realize I don't know sexy) pictures, but I thought that one was actually more sexy than any of the less well clothed ones. Those are Ronald Colman's pj's, fromThe Talk of the Town.

Here are a few more that might be more your speed:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tom Neal and friend:

Photobucket

Donna Drake from Kansas City Confidential

Photobucket

Does this count? They are standing in front of a horse, after all.

Photobucket

Oh my goodness...Yul and Sean in one picture.....

I'm so glad you are enjoying your "gold mine"...and we're the

beneficiaries...keep them coming! :D

Yes, "gold mine" is right! Thanks for hooking me up!

It took me two days, thanks to java or some other glitch, to be able to see your Sean photo in the FGTorture thread, but it was well worth the wait. When I did I felt faint!

OH for pity's sake, he is having the STOOGES make your cake??????? That will never do. ha. :P

Here's some German Chocolate... just for you little darlin'. HAPPY Birthday!!! :D

GmnChocolate1.jpg

loretta-young-don-ameche-ramona.jpg

Alessandro and Ramona send their best wishes from old California!

Have a gloriously picturesque and romantic Valentine's Day birthday, Jackie, and many, many more.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Feb 14, 2011 11:29 PM

Oh my gosh! The message boards are so screwy, this thread has been dropped off my email list for some reason! So sorry guys.

That is so sweet, Grimesy. Thank you so much for not throwing the cake at me! And for the sweet sentiments from our favorite tailor. :D:D:D See, you DO hand out the sugar. ( _That's_ what I meant - that you are kindly, and generous with your praise and love.- Don't tell anyone I said that!)

Edited by: JackFavell on Feb 15, 2011 10:04 AM

> {quote:title=rohanaka wrote:}{quote}

> OH for pity's sake, he is having the STOOGES make your cake??????? That will never do. ha. :P

>

> Here's some German Chocolate... just for you little darlin'. HAPPY Birthday!!! :D

> GmnChocolate1.jpg

Yummy! DO I HAVE to share? Thank you Ro, for the cake and for always being there to commiserate with me. You really liven things up, sis!

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> loretta-young-don-ameche-ramona.jpg

>

> Alessandro and Ramona send their best wishes from old California!

>

> Have a gloriously picturesque and romantic Valentine's Day birthday, Jackie, and many, many more.

Golly! That's beautiful! It's so cold here today, I wish I could snuggle up right there in between those two, in sunny California!

Then give that gorgeous Loretta a kick out the courtyard door. :D

Thank you, my friend.... I had a wonderful birthday, and I'm so glad you are around to bring the sunshine with you.

Oh,, my pleasure, Jackie! I was just so thrilled to find this lovely photo for you from the 1936 RAMONA. Loretta and Don give wonderful, nsturalistic performances, and I do hope you can see this movie sometime soon.

I'd love to see it, I really like Don Ameche, even if he is "the cipher who sings" according to Pauline Kael. He's a big favorite of mine who doesn't get too much mention anymore.

Eh, what does Kael know, lol? Has she ever seen him in HEAVEN CAN WAIT? He's terrific! A very underrated actor in my opinion. Cute and sexy too.

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> Eh, what does Kael know, lol? Has she ever seen him in HEAVEN CAN WAIT? He's terrific! A very underrated actor in my opinion. Cute and sexy too.

She knows nothing. The fact that anyone ever gave credence to anything she ever wrote, remains one of life's greatest mysteries.