rohanaka

A Walk on the Noir Side

3,042 posts in this topic

Ah lust...

and passion....

Anyway!

I just wanted to get my plug in here for Too Late for Tears for tomorrow's day of darkness. I have been looking forward to this one because I really like the film and also I'm hoping TCM will show a decent print. This movie has been in public domain and when I purchased it in a pack of noirs the soundtrack actually went out of sync. 

I have suffered through a good number of horrible prints, just happy to see them at all, but I just can't abide an out of sync audio.

Too Late for Tears is a great unsung noir and a nice showcase for Lizabeth Scott. Ro and anyone else who has not seen it please give it a look tomorrow!

Also I don't think I've even seen Tension, Where Danger Lives, The Woman on Pier 13 or No Questions Asked. If anyone has any recommendations on those I'd like to hear them. I think I've seen all the others.

Hi there, Jackie!

My mom used to make baked beans from scratch. Oh man, sometimes I dream of those...

Woo, after reading about them I may dream about them now too. ha. I bet that crockpot recipe was great too!

I am doing a LOT of slowcooker stuff lately. It is too hot to heat up the whole house by cooking these days. Our A/C is very old and doesn't work efficiently enough to cool our house in the 90+ temps. It runs 24 hrs a day and the house will still stay above 85 when it gets really hot outside, so we have taken to cooling by using two one room window a/c units that we had (from another house we used to own) and we put one in the  living room and one in our bedroom and then just use ceiling fans pretty much everywhere else. Believe it or not.. we stay about 10 degrees t cooler (through most of the house) doing that (most of the time) instead of running the central A/C and our utility bill is WAY lower too.   But oh.. the kitchen is on the hot side of the house anyway.. and it does not get much of the cooler air, so I try do either do a lot of cold food stuff (salads, rotisserie chicken, smoked meats from the deli counter, etc) or  I use the crock pot as often as possible in the summer.  And then I only use the stove or oven as little as possible.. and usually as early in the morning as I can. That has become my summer routine over the last few years, and seems to get us by quite nicely. 

For some reason, I can never quite sit through D.O.A. I promised myself I would watch it straight through this time, but my attention wandered, and suddenly it was over and I didn't even know how it ended!

I had to make a choice to stick with it at the beginning.. but I sort of got drawn into it once things got rolling and I just really enjoyed it. But I could see it might not be for everyone. 

Red Light was really fun to watch.

Yes it was! And woo.. I am glad I am not alone on that whole "divine retribution" thing. ha. Your mention of Hell's Hinges is a great example of that.. and there are several others. About the only time I can remember NOT liking that angle for the ending of a story (or at least a character in a story) would be our sweet little Rhoda. If it had been ME, that movie would have ended SO much differently. ha. I'd have gone for a whole "Twilight Zone" sort of thing where the mom doesn't make it.. but Rhoda does.. and they end it all by her saying something to her dad like, "Aunt Monica has the most beautiful necklace.. she said someday she'll give it to me.. after she dies." ha!! :D But I digress...

Even though the title is referring to something else, I felt it was especially appropriate that Raymond Burr was taken out by it! If you think about it, the words 'red light' can mean different things in this film, not just the district it takes place in, or the neon underworld, or that Raft's brother wants him to put the 'red light' to, or STOP his vengeful ways. One could even see it as the red light of anger and revenge in Raft's character's mind. Am I reaching a little? Probably, but it's fun to talk about. 

It IS fun to speculate like that. ha. I do it all the time and I bet you are right.. there are a LOT of ways to look at the reason behind the title. Another one that I will throw out there though is that I have discovered that sometimes in a "noir" the title has NOTHING to do with the actual movie ha!! (not in this case though.. because I am with you that the "red light" theme is used in different ways. But ha.. I have noticed it in a few others. "Nightmare Alley and Tomorrow is Another Day are just two that I have watched in the last few weeks that I thought the names were a bit misleading.. or at least unusual.

I didn't see On Dangerous Ground this time, but did watch when Miss G and Frank talked about it some years ago. It's my second favorite Nick Ray film, so thanks, Miss G! I love both of the atmospheric settings, that SO capture Ryan's moods, and affect him so much. I love Ryan's partner, he's my favorite character. It's hard to play nice and I like him for his honest portrayal and concern for Jim. I also like the oversexed, low rent Blonde, and the small time sweaty hood. All the character actors are excellent, I won't go into how great Ward Bond is, turning into what Jim is escaping from.

Those are ALL great examples of why that movie is terrific! And I liked the two scenes you mentioned too.. about him washing up in the sink and also the bit with the lamp. But  you are right.. that part at the end w/ the staircase.. oh me. 

Ro, I hope sometime you will also watch my favorite Nick Ray film, They Live By Night. It's such a fragile, beautiful movie, from start to finish.

I got to see that one a couple of years ago, as I recall. I think we did have a chat on it here, but it has been too long ago for me to remember much, other than the basics. I will have to look it up again and refresh my memory. I do recall it was quite moving in places, though

Hello Grey Dude,

One of my favorite components of film noir is the stupidity of the guys.  Some of us cannot pick the right girls.  Men really are idiots!

Ha.. well.. I think I will play it safe with that comment and just say only SOME men are.. ha. Perhaps you could make a case that a lot of the guys who end up DEAD in those noir movies are idiotic... or they just don't have enough smarts to pay close enough attention when things are "not what they appear to be" with the women they are hanging around at the time. ha. 

No, no, no.  I didn't think your issue would be that it's a Cold War film noir.  I thought you wouldn't like it because it's brutish and highly masculine. 

Whoops.. misread your original comments then. But no.. I think the real reason I didn't like the movie.. everyone (at least nearly everyone) was just too "unlikable". Just not anyone I could really feel much enthusiasm for (except for the "mean" detective at the end. ha. If only he'd have decked Hammer. THEN we'd be talking.. ha.)  

I loved seeing Ralph Meeker playing an anti-Bogie detective.  It's such a great twist.  He's truly a bull in a china shop.  And that doesn't play out so well for him.

"Anti-Bogie" is about right.. and not just with Meeker/Hammer but with the way the whole movie was presented.  And that is probably one other thing that sort of bugged me about it. It LOOKS so much different (the people, the way they are dressed.. the the whole thing to  me was was a lot more "modern" looking than most of the other detective movies you see from that time.  Miss G and I were discussing and she and I both said that we thought Hammer looked almost "Jim Rockford" like.. ha.. with the car, the clothes... and good gravy. My goodness, he even had an answering machine!! (who had answering machines built into the wall of their apartment back then??)  To me, it felt more like a 60's detective flick than a "gumshoe" noir movie for me.. ha. I guess I am getting to be a snob about it now that I have seen a few of them. ha. I just did not get a good feeling for it.  

And then there was that ending.. oh bruddah. Picture me rolling my EYES at that. (oh wait.. w/ the new emoticons.. you don't have to) ha. :rolleyes:

Red Light!  Blech!  I had these reactions:

Ha!!! Well I think Jackie pegged it. (by mentioning Hell's Hinges) You are just anti-divine retribution.. HA!! :D

The above scene reminded me of Raiders of the Lost Ark.  I wonder if there was any inspiration from it.

HEY!! I never thought of that, but YES!! I bet it was. (just add in a few Nazi's with their faces melting off.. and there you have it!)   :D

Laffite says: Love makes fools of us all. (That probably goes for lust too). 

The Movieman replies: Oh, lust is worse. It makes one do dumb things sooner and probably to a worse degree. Since "Double Indemnity" is playing this weekend at select theaters (nice plug, huh?) isn't it really lust that dooms Fred MacMurray? 

And Miss Goddess chimes in: My preferred weakness is PASSION, which I distinguish from LUST in that it is fueled by something more than just sexual chemistry and it can develop into love---the mind's imagination is always working feverishly to feed it and make it grow.  JOHNNY and GILDA in Gilda.

To which Rohanaka now responds: OH me, don't get me started.  ha. The word "Love" gets tossed around all the time (especially in the movies, but also in real life) and rarely is it ever really love that folks are talking about.

Good gravy..  Love vs Lust vs Passion. ha. I could write volumes about all of that (especially with regard to the differences between all three.)   Oh wait.. ha.. if you look up a few of my old posts on here.. ha, I am sure I already have!) :D 

So I will spare you all having to put up with that again this time, and just add that I think Movieman..  you have given a REALLY great example of a film that is ALL about Lust. (at least w/ regard to Fred MacM's character). And Miss G.. I agree with your example too (about "Passion")

I guess everyone has their own point of view on what makes an idiot too. ha But I will save you all from having to listen to my explanation of THAT at this time as well.. ha. Plus.. I don't think there are enough hours in the day for me to site all the examples I can think of, ha.  

But hey, I better refrain from fingerpointing too much... if I start pointing out the idiots around me, I might have too many fingers pointing back at ME. Thankfully I am not an "idiot" about love though. I may be some OTHER kind of idiot, ha. but at least I am glad that it is not over that. I am very blessed by the grace of God to be married to the only person on the planet who is likely kind enough and patient enough to put up with the likes of me.

OH that poor QT.. he did NOT know what he was getting himself into 22 years ago. ha. But I am just glad he loved me enough to stick with me.. even after he figured it all out.

:D

Howdy Madhat! 

I just wanted to get my plug in here for Too Late for Tears for tomorrow's day of darkness. 

Thanks! Will be interested in hearing what others have to say for tomorrow's schedule too. But I may have a hard time catching very many of them this week, alas. I will do my best but, the kidling has a little friend coming for a sleepover and I am probably not going to have as easy a time "plopping" myself down for a full day watching noir movies with the two of them running about here and there (not to mention.. they'll probably commandeer the tv at least PART of the time.. if only to play on the Wii for a while. ha)  

But maybe I can sneak in a few moments of Noir in the midst of all that is going on though.. so we'll keep my fingers crossed. 

Miss G you are quite right as usual. Passion is deeper than lust and does give some thought to things. I think it is on the way to love. 

My preferred weakness is PASSION, which I distinguish from LUST in that it is fueled by something more than just sexual chemistry and it can develop into love---the mind's imagination is always working feverishly to feed it and make it grow.  JOHNNY and GILDA in Gilda.

LUST is purely chemical/hormonal and disconnected entirely from the brain, lol.  THE SWEDE and KITTY in The Killers.

Boy, is that spot-on analysis.  But what happens when one is full of love, passion, and lust?  They are just full of it, I suppose. :D

Bonjour, Laffite -- Love makes fools of us all. (That probably goes for lust too). And you don't even have be a denizen of the noir world. If some of us cannot pick the right girls then yes we are idiots (fools) but idiots sometimes actually pick the right girl. This doesn't mean they aren't idiots, it just means they are lucky (for awhile anyway, until they screw it up).

I must be an unlucky idiot! :D

Hey, Musicman --  Oh, lust is worse. It makes one do dumb things sooner and probably to a worse degree. Since "Double Indemnity" is playing this weekend at select theaters (nice plug, huh?) isn't it really lust that dooms Fred MacMurray? (I think lust would be immediate in all of its manifestations.) Maybe it turns into love later, or is it mutual desperation, and that is what keeps the situation going otherwise he could kill Barbara and be done with the whole thing.

Yes, I'd say it was lust that got a hold of Walter (Fred MacMurray).  And lust is dangerous for it's mostly about immediate satisfaction.  In today's world, that's what most people seemingly respond to.  We seemingly lust after everything.

Love, I think, can make you more forgiving for bad things. Love should be comfortable in the relationship. Yes, it should still have some lust.

Love can be as misguided as lust.  Forgiving bad things can end up just as ruinous.

Yes, men are idiots but not all of us and not all the time. AND, we don't have sole claim to that title either. (That is as far as movies go.)

Nicely said.  I agree.  There are many women who lose their minds over guys.  Blind lust and love plays all sides.

Tension, Where Danger Lives, The Woman on Pier 13 or No Questions Asked. If anyone has any recommendations on those I'd like to hear them. I think I've seen all the others.

Hi Molo,

Tension - I think this falls under that 'men can be such idiots' category of movies.  If I remember correctly, mild-mannered and mousey Richard Basehart finds himself going to extremes for a dame.

Where Danger Lives - Is this another one of those movies where Robert Mitchum is playing a doctor who pays a house-call on the wrong woman?  He never did fare too well in white.

I think HH femme Faith Domergue is the leading lady this time.

The Woman on Pier 13 - One of "I Married a Commie!" propaganda movies, but elevated by Robert Ryan's (I'd wear red for him!) presence.

No Questions Asked - I have lots of questions!  I've never seen it.

As for Too Late for Tears, I liked it.   And I have only seen poor quality prints as well, though not out-of-sync.  I'm sure TCM's will at least have decent audio.

• Like 1

Good evening, Femme Fatale -- I am very blessed by the grace of God to be married to the only person on the planet who is likely kind enough and patient enough to put up with the likes of me.

Hear, hear. :P

Ha.. well.. I think I will play it safe with that comment and just say only SOME men are.. ha. Perhaps you could make a case that a lot of the guys who end up DEAD in those noir movies are idiotic... or they just don't have enough smarts to pay close enough attention when things are "not what they appear to be" with the women they are hanging around at the time. ha. 

I'd surely be dead in a film noir!

Whoops.. misread your original comments then. But no.. I think the real reason I didn't like the movie.. everyone (at least nearly everyone) was just too "unlikable". Just not anyone I could really feel much enthusiasm for (except for the "mean" detective at the end. ha. If only he'd have decked Hammer. THEN we'd be talking.. ha.)  

It is very true: there are not likable characters in the film.  I guess I like unlikable sorts! :D

"Anti-Bogie" is about right.. and not just with Meeker/Hammer but with the way the whole movie was presented.  And that is probably one other thing that sort of bugged me about it. It LOOKS so much different (the people, the way they are dressed.. the the whole thing to  me was was a lot more "modern" looking than most of the other detective movies you see from that time.

I agree with that.  I do feel the film has a later mood and feel to it.  I know it grabbed me from the start.  It was quite different than the rest, which you wisely point out.

Miss G and I were discussing and she and I both said that we thought Hammer looked almost "Jim Rockford" like.. ha.. with the car, the clothes... and good gravy. My goodness, he even had an answering machine!! (who had answering machines built into the wall of their apartment back then??)

Then she should have loved it!  She likes Jim Rockford!  I don't think Ralphie was as charming and attractive as James. :)

Ha!!! Well I think Jackie pegged it. (by mentioning Hell's Hinges) You are just anti-divine retribution.. HA!! :D

You've got it.  Jackie nailed it.  Red Light does have the kind of message ending of Hell's Hinges that gets me gagging.

HEY!! I never thought of that, but YES!! I bet it was. (just add in a few Nazi's with their faces melting off.. and there you have it!) 

You got it!

I'll second Too Late for Tears.  That's a quality film noir.  Is it your speed?  Meh.  I also enjoy The Strange Love of Martha Ivers and 99 River Street. I feel all represent film noir quite nicely.  I enjoy Tension.  Audrey Totter is a peach. :D  Cause for Alarm! plays like an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents.  It's no great shakes yet rather watchable.  I watched Conflict a little while ago.  I really enjoyed it.  It's a different kind of "Tomato" for you.  And I'm assuming you've seen Strangers on a Train; one of Hitch's best.

99 River Street---that would be my favorite of the lot.  It even has my swoony-eyed bad boy Brad Dexter in it! I just love John Payne in film noir and this is one of his best, along with Kansas City Confidential.

keyes-payne-99_opt.jpg

• Like 1

HELLO there, Mike Hammer (ha. I mean Grey Dude)  

Femme Fatale

Ha! No.. I am probably more like the ANTI-Femme Fatale, ha. (If I were in a noir movie.. I would probably play something more like the grouchy, frumpy-dumpy landlady, or something. ha) . :D

she should have loved it!  She likes Jim Rockford! 

Well.. I am a fan of JR too and I guess I better clarify, ha. because your buddy Hammer only had some "Rockford-like" aspects to his character.. but he was NO Jim Rockford, ha. (maybe he was the ANTI-Rockford) :D

I don't think Ralphie was as charming and attractive as James.

Nope.. not by a mile. He was not nearly so likable either. You PULL for Rockford to win out, because he's just such a great guy. But ha.. Hammer.. all that I pulled for with him was for that detective at the end to take him down (or ha.. whatever was in that box could have done it too. That would have been even MORE fun than the girl at the end opening it up. ha) :D

Ok.. I am just being mean now. But hey.. it's been a while since I've given you grief, so I had to do SOMETHING about that. :D

You've got it.  Jackie nailed it.  Red Light does have the kind of message ending of Hell's Hinges that gets me gagging.

Well.. we each have our own "gag" reflex ha, for the things we can't manage to put up with.  I could probably talk til I am blue in the face and we'll never see eye to eye, but I  will say that I don't think the message in Red Light was NEARLY so heavy as the message in Hell's Hinges though. (there.. are you happy?? ha. I finally admit there WAS a heavier hand in the message delivery for that one) :D

I'll second Too Late for Tears.  That's a quality film noir.  Is it your speed?  Meh.  I also enjoy The Strange Love of Martha Iversand 99 River Street. I feel all represent film noir quite nicely.  I enjoy Tension.  Audrey Totter is a peach.

Cause for Alarm! plays like an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents.  It's no great shakes yet rather watchable.  I watched Conflict a little while ago.  I really enjoyed it.  It's a different kind of "Tomato" for you. 

I really am hoping to catch at least a few of these tomorrow. We'll see how many other things I can find for those girls to do while the movies are on. ha. 

And I'm assuming you've seen Strangers on a Train; one of Hitch's best.

Oh yes.. I have seen it. And it is among my faves for Hitchcock for sure. OH me.. that Robert Walker. Is he ever a scary guy!!!!!!

Thanks for the recommendations Miss G.,

Tension - I think this falls under that 'men can be such idiots' category of movies.  If I remember correctly, mild-mannered and mousey Richard Basehart finds himself going to extremes for a dame.

Well that's a keeper! I've got it on the DVR.

Where Danger Lives - Is this another one of those movies where Robert Mitchum is playing a doctor who pays a house-call on the wrong woman?  He never did fare too well in white.

I think HH femme Faith Domergue is the leading lady this time.

I really don't want to see Mitchum playing another doctor but I'll record it anyway. :)

The Woman on Pier 13 - One of "I Married a Commie!" propaganda movies, but elevated by Robert Ryan's (I'd wear red for him!) presence.

I have this already so I need to check it out.

No Questions Asked - I have lots of questions!  I've never seen it.

???? :)

99 River Street---that would be my favorite of the lot.  It even has my swoony-eyed bad boy Brad Dexter in it! I just love John Payne in film noir and this is one of his best, along with Kansas City Confidential.

I remember us talking about this one a long time ago. I agree, it's a good one. 

OMG!

Rewatched Tension and am bowled over at how much better it is the second time around! The acting is uniformly good, but especially Basehart, Totter, and oddly, Barry Sullivan, who I barely noticed at all last time around. He's basically Sam Spade, and he does a great job of luring Totter in... making her feel comfortable enough to slip up. He's an actor I am liking a lot lately, wish all of Wendell Corey's roles had gone to Sullivan.????

Basehart is so good here, he's great at making you feel uncomfortable and yet he's terribly sympathetic. When he actually finally slaps Totter, you almost feel pleased.

The movie really revolves around Totter though. She drives the story and is an actress I've grown to REALLY like. Sbe's terrific. Sly and sexy, always thinking on her feet...you can always see her thought processes, what drives her. A tremendously underrated actress.

I almost loved Woman on Pier 13! What a cast! The lighting was exceptional. Every actor gave it their all, even when spouting communist hating dialogue. I really thought thos was Janis Carter's finest performance...I liked her even though she was BAD. Ryan was as always, superb. Day made playing nice look easy, and I loved her scene cozying up to the icky William Talman, who should have had a much bigger career. Am I the only person in the world who has a crush on this fine actor? I know he played loons and psychos, but I REALLY like him. An absolute pro at all times.

My respect for Joseph H. Lewis just grows and grows. He's just about the quintessential noir director. In Lady Without a Passport, his camera work is flowing, as characters glide around corners, rush through crowds, drive down sunlit streets, around flowing fountains, into the shadows.... This film has some really wonderful outdoor sequences, which break up any cheesiness due to budget concerns. The sets are actually very good, they evoke a sense of place with their arches and paned windows. Above standard. But the vision is all flowing and loose...even the buildings have curves, mimicking the camera work. Did Lewis study Ophuls?

One shot took my breath away- crossing through a city roundabout, passing at least four side streets on the way to the fifth one, the camera imperceptibly slowing so we could look down every street for a moment... Another shot as Hodiak is beaten by two gunsels entering his room, the camera drops away from his face to his knees, then to the floor as he blacks out. Masterful.

John Hodiak's accent is flawless! And how can you go wrong with Steven Geray in the cast? It simply isn't noir without Geray lending his presence. He has this amazing ability to play sleazy, unassuming, massively uncomfortable, and likeable all at the same time. I like the very American James Craig shown up against the darkly European Hodiak, they make good tag team, especially in contrast to the slimy, accented and ever present dirtbag George Macready. Hedy is interested and interesting here, but her role is minimal. Group scenes are quite nice, like when the escapees on the plane begin to chatter nervously, with slight overlap in dialogue. They contrast with the overblown, deadly serious and clipped scenes Macready shares with his pilot. Loved the loose banter of the good guy tailing the escape plane...he's just a good old boy who is going to be jocular right to the end.

This film doesn't feel like Gun Crazy... but that's to it's credit. It's sensual. Circular in style, but juxtaposed against a sort of 1950's squareness, especially when the bad guys are around, or when Hodiak and Craig are in the map room. Lewis' set ups are great, lots of two shots with someone in the dark, very close to the camera and the other actors far back in the shot. The dark is very dark, sunlight just sets it off. It creates tension that probably isn't really in the plot. The writing is terse, and the editing is pretty near perfect. Wow! The overhead shots of the escape are incredible! These ARE a little reminiscent of Gun Crazy. Lewis really pushed cinema forward with moving camera work like this. The movie just continues to surprise, getting darker and darker light wise, as the terrain toughens. I really wasn't sure where it would all end! Snake bites, a raft that tears apart as it reaches shore, there is a lot of tension... And here we are in the reeds and fog... with a three way scene...SO intense, SO creepy. It reminds me of later horror films. Nobody is getting out of here alive, I think. Ahh, nice closeup of Macready's stomach as he shoots into the fog...

OK. I don't know if any of this makes sense, I wrote a lot while watching. I begin to think noir is a perfect term - the style is EVERYTHING here....the story of illegal immigrants is almost incidental, though quite modern. I'll just admit it didn't matter to me.

• Like 1

I'm not watching, but I'm reading. I think that's even better! Your writing is so lovely. You made films I'm lukewarm with seem sensational. You are too good.

I'm glad you're watching and writing!

Thanks, Frank! That's really nice.

I have no idea why some films are striking me right and others (Cause for Alarm - acckkk!) aren't. I think....dare I say it? I just can't stand movies that are too 'black and white' I like a little grey area in my noir. Sorry, Ro!

• Like 1

I thought I was the only one who always liked LADY WITHOUT A PASSPORT.  Along with THE BRIBE, HIS KIND OF WOMAN, and TOUCH OF EVIL, they make for good, atmospheric south-of-the-border noirs.

• Like 1

I only WISH I were watching today, Ms. Favell. ha. The kidling and her friend (who is  here for the rest of the day and a sleepover tonight) are in the middle of a bunch of ongoing stuff today and ha.. I am afraid I am "outvoted" this time. :D

I did catch about the last 20 minutes of Woman on Pier 13 and just the tiniest portion of Lady Without a Passport this morning while the girls were outside for a while. But it's so hot out there today, they are pretty much done with that so they are in for now.. playing games, working on some craft projects, playing the wii and I think they are about to put in a movie now too. ha. 

Alas, I am overuled. :D

We'll see how the rest of the day goes. Fortunately a few of the ones on today are also on youtube. So maybe I can still catch a few of them that way.  Meanwhile, I am with FrankGrimes. I enjoyed reading your comments very much. (even if I did not get to see it for myself) 

And as for "grey" ha.. shhh.. don't let it get around, but for all my black and white ways, I AM learning to appreciate the grey a little more myself. I mean.. some things will ALWAYS be black or white, ha, so I would't want EVERY movie to go grey on me now, ha. But I confess, sometimes having a good mix of right and wrong.. OR a good question of whether something is right or wrong makes for a situation that leads to a more interesting outcome when the "black and white" moments show up too. (but don't tell you know WHO that I said that, ha)  :)

I also like to see "black and white" consequences for "grey" behavior.. that seems to be where the "morality play" side of things (that the Grey Dude mentioned a while back)  comes in to play. It's been fun getting a better feel for how these sorts of stories all work out when it comes to details like that, as I've been watching the last few weeks. 

Viva La Summer of Darkness. ha! :D 

Is it me or were those guys wearing the same wigs and dresses Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon wore in Some Like it Hot? lol

Jackie, I agree about Sullivan.  I always hope he'll show a crack in his armor, but he almost never does.  He seems to be a bit of a patsy in ASK NO QUESTIONS but I'm not believing that.  He's too smart to be so naive.  But what can he do against Arlene Dahl's wiles? :)

Ahh...he finally wised up. :D

Alright!!!!

I new restored print of Too Late for Tears!!!!!

Very exciting!!!

I will be watching it later tonight probably. I'm very happy right now. :)

• Like 1